Total online 1954
 Radio listeners 172+
Email Us!
Username: Password:

Lost password
 Remember my login 
 All forums
 Tracks, DJ mixes & release announcements

Clubland X-Treme Hardcore 8 - Tracklist!

Printer friendly
Page: 
of 10

Author Thread  
d2kx

Germany
127 posts
Posted - 2012/01/16 :  00:21:57  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit d2kx's homepage  Reply with quote
Out now... it's 9.99GBP I think, 10,99 here in Germany.

CD1 & CD2 are unmixed, but mostly not completely full-length. They're properly done, longer than on the physical disc, and some should be mixable without problems (especially from CD1). CD3 however is just taken from the physical disc, so you hear the next track fade in at the end of each track which is not great but the tracks should be out very soon through HTID and Twista anyways.

In my opinion it's totally worth it. It's not exactly expensive and probably everyone will find at least a few tracks they like. I like most :D

Alert moderator Go to top of page
Edited by - d2kx on 2012/01/16 00:24:08
Samination
Advanced Member

Sweden
13,153 posts

195 hardcore releases
Samination has attended 17 events
Posted - 2012/01/16 :  07:35:16  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Samination's homepage  Reply with quote
the tracks on itunes are not unmixed. Alot of them are barely 3:30, even on CD1 and 2. But then if I ended uo buying this album, it would've been because of CD3 and maybe parts of CD1

http://samination.se/
---------------------------------------------

don_simon3000

Austria
342 posts
Posted - 2012/01/16 :  11:10:23  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit don_simon3000's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by d2kx:
Out now... it's 9.99GBP I think, 10,99 here in Germany.

CD1 & CD2 are unmixed, but mostly not completely full-length. They're properly done, longer than on the physical disc, and some should be mixable without problems (especially from CD1). CD3 however is just taken from the physical disc, so you hear the next track fade in at the end of each track which is not great but the tracks should be out very soon through HTID and Twista anyways.

In my opinion it's totally worth it. It's not exactly expensive and probably everyone will find at least a few tracks they like. I like most :D

im downloading it right now over itunes .... and see they offer it track by track and also in the continous mix. interesting...

piumaki

Italy
446 posts
Posted - 2012/01/16 :  16:48:21  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit piumaki's homepage  Reply with quote
I ve quickly checked the previews on TID...cd1 has some good tracks like the well known you & I, Screwface, the 24/7 remix, killed the rave, bright like the sun, satellite...cd2 is pretty useless...cd3 has some good tracks too but overall it s not worth buying it

quote:
Originally posted by d2kx:
CD1 & CD2 are unmixed, but mostly not completely full-length.

I really dont understand the meaning of these not full lenght songs! >_<

_Jay_
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
6,868 posts
_Jay_ has attended 41 events
Posted - 2012/01/16 :  17:02:00  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit _Jay_'s homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by piumaki:
I really dont understand the meaning of these not full lenght songs! >_<

It really pisses me off that this is becoming the usual format now, with these albums. They are just shitty edits, aren't they? Useless.

And I'm sure it interferes with the official release of the individual tunes. Proper pain in the arse.

Edited by - _Jay_ on 2012/01/16 17:25:17
djDMS
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
10,304 posts

572 hardcore releases
djDMS has donated money to the site djDMS has attended 43 events
Posted - 2012/01/16 :  17:14:47  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit djDMS's homepage  Reply with quote
Waste of time and money.

jenks
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3,687 posts

19 hardcore releases
jenks has attended 1 event
Posted - 2012/01/16 :  18:38:32  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit jenks's homepage  Reply with quote
I'd rather they made more non-mixing friendly tracks to be honest. More single tracks on CD's and more invention needed to actually mix a set.

Archefluxx
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,112 posts
Archefluxx has attended 2 events
Posted - 2012/01/16 :  19:27:27  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Archefluxx's homepage  Reply with quote
Here's a cheeky little puzzle.

How do Breeze/Styles/Hixxy mix unmixable unmixed songs?

Torpex
Advanced Member

Poland
824 posts
Torpex has attended 5 events
Posted - 2012/01/16 :  19:51:31  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Torpex's homepage  Reply with quote
Pizza?

Samination
Advanced Member

Sweden
13,153 posts

195 hardcore releases
Samination has attended 17 events
Posted - 2012/01/16 :  20:07:45  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Samination's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Torpex:
Pizza?

Hixxy would know how to use one

http://samination.se/
---------------------------------------------

piumaki

Italy
446 posts
Posted - 2012/01/16 :  20:27:05  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit piumaki's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Torpex:
Pizza?

I m gonna buy one really...italians do it better :)

djmyers

United Kingdom
278 posts
djmyers has donated money to the site djmyers has attended 4 events
Posted - 2019/05/29 :  13:10:06  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit djmyers's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by djDMS:
I really don't want to get into all this again so i'll just say this then leave it alone.

Firstly, anybody who wants to call me a hater because i don't like the direction the music is going in can suck my plums. I have listened to Hardcore since it started and it has gone through many changes, some radical and some more subtle - but this is the ONLY time i've been against such a change. What concerns me (apart from not liking the style which is just my personal opinion) is that what could have been a nice change from the norm has been jumped on by just about everybody.

NOBODY can tell me that all these producers have just decided it's the only way to go - no, they've jumped on a bandwagon that didn't need to be jumped on. I'd never accuse anybody of 'selling out' cos they can do what they like, but they'd get more respect from me if they made what they want and not what they expect would get them accepted by the big boys.

I'm not so stuck in my ways that i can't accept change. What i can't accept is listening to tunes that are the musical equivalent of a cut and shut! I don't want to hear a tune that is really promising and uplifting bolted onto some unconnected bollocks. Just finish what you started! Minimal is ok in the right situation, just don't lead me on with the promise of fun for 3 minutes first.

The likes of Gammer and Styles have the ability to switch things around and vary their stuff - i'd like to think partly because they know it's not always going to be what we want to hear. Many lesser artists don't have that versatility and could suffer as a result.

After all that. Strangely, i'm looking forward to Breeze's 'filth' set at ILHB, it'll either confirm my opinion or prove me totally wrong!

It's unbelievable how right all of this is. Here in the present (May 2019), this dubstep-driven music that many people named drumstep (which was and still is quite simply a smokescreen for just making dubstep and bringing in to hardcore where it SHOULD NEVER HAVE BEEN) has plagued hardcore since the back of 2011 and is still doing so today.
There is so much nonsense music being branded as Hardcore today. It just is NOT hardcore. I call it waggle-waggle because of the horrible dubstep sounds and blips it has as a major influence in the music.

I can understand why so many jumped on the bandwagon and allowed this style of music to rise because to produce clever sounds like that is almost your own way of proving you're a really good, clever producer that is forward thinking and pioneering..... yea right!!!! What the sh*te ever happened to just making good music? Nobody will remember 90% of the dubstep sounding music for the simple reason that it isn't uplifting, catchy memorable music. It is a collaboration of horrible bleepy bass waggley-womp-womp sounds. It's like the jazz of dance music and it's absolute effing garbage. It always has been and always will be.

Lets be honest.... nobody in the hardcore scene today got in to hardcore because of dubstep influenced music. No... we got in to it because of it's uplifting, structured, clever and euphoric elements. Nothing dubstep has brought to hardcore has been a positive in my eyes. It categorically RUINED hardcore. It is why the scene, especially in the UK, is completely on its knees with so many wonderfully talented producers having stopped producing the music they loved because of a select few that pushed this waggle-waggle nonsense so much that there wasn't anything left for them to hold on to.

Before the resurgence of Hardcore in 2014 through "Together We Rise" in particular, that 2 and a bit year period from the end of 2011 through 2013 where dubstep sounding drivel cursed through our ears, hardcore dissolved. It doesn't take a rocket scientist or brain surgeon to see why. It was because the music changed SO entirely that those who enjoyed the trancier, bouncy, freeformy, vocally wonderful and uplifting music were thrown away by an incessant need to make horrible screechy bass waggle music instead. And why? Because it was clever to make? What absolute nonsense.

It makes me so upset and overall gutted that some of the key mainstream leading producers in the scene who had built hardcore up over an 8-10 period in to a magnificent powerhouse of dance music loved on a global scale could simply turn a gun on themselves and tear apart of genre for inquisitive reasons. If you'd have wanted to make dubstep, that's absolutely ok. Fine in fact... but why the hell substitute a well established genre and ruin it like that? Just make up a new alias and enter a new market for your music, keeping hardcore as it was. This would then have opened up the floor to other producers at the time that deserved to be on the main stages of hardcore events and albums alike who's music continued to be magnificent, wonderful music of the style people who had been a part of hardcore's past and present wanted to hear and continue to hear.
Technikore should have had at least 2 or 3 lead album spots, Fracus & Darwin absolutely should have been on a Bonkers album, Clubland X-trmeme Hardcore should have opened up the mixes beyond DS and Breeze... Breeze in particular who hadn't had a decent mix on CLXHC since his mix on #2.

I am thankful in today's scene that producers such as Fracus & Darwin, Klubfiller, Technikore, Al Storm, Joey Riot and Dougal as an acute selection are still with us producing superb hardcore music. We absolutely categorically need to stay with them and get behind them as much as possible in order to ensure this music we love and cherish so much doesn't disappear all because of the mistakes of a select few of whom are not even necessarily still with us.
There's no shame in eating humble pie and admitting your mistakes. Sh*t I've made plenty in my life and have to live with them, as each of us do. But if we pull together and allow the music to grown again with those in the scene who are desperately doing their utmost to keep it alive and make the most of the situation, we can return this great scene back where it belongs. If this means turning back the clock and adopting old styles again such as the Sy & Unknown bouncy style, more Freeform or a Raver Baby/Essential Platinum style 2019 adaptation, please DO IT. If it helps increase people's interest again, how can it be a bad thing?

Everything I say here is because of how passionately I have and continue to love Hardcore going back to 1995 when I first heard the music and adored listening to Stu Allan on Key 103 Manchester for his hardcore shows at the weekend, adoring Helter Skelter, Klub Kinetic and Hardcore Heaven/Slammin' Vinyl event packs in my pre teens and upwards. I watched the scene go underground big in the mid to late 90's, watched it nearly die in 99 with the uprise of Trance, only for the likes of Scott Brown, Hixxy, Darren Styles, Breeze, Dougal and Sy turn it completely on its head and SMASHED us all with this new magnificent sound that helped push the genre so much that within a short space of time, the music was without a doubt the best dance music ever created. That period between 2002 up to around 2006 in particular shaped the next few years helping uncover some fabulously talented producers.
I can't stress enough how much I love this hardcore scene. I'm devastated that we're where we are now but it's up to those of us left who still love it like I do to turn it back on it's head again and help it rise once again. I believe without question it can be achieved and will support anyone who has the same passion as I have for the scene.
I badly want to do my bit. This is why I have my Core Sensations podcasts. I want to do more. I want to produce my own music too but I'm just not good enough. As a Dad of 2 young kids and a full time worker, finding time to practice my producing skills with the setup I have is almost impossible. But I am but one person. As a collective, new producers can be uncovered and absolutely should be given their opportunity to shape the future.

That is all.

Download my mixes & shows FREE
http://www.djandymyers.co.uk

Core Sensations FB http://www.facebook.com/CoreSensations
http://www.twitter.com/djandymyers
http://www.mixcloud.com/djandymyers

Si Thompson
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3,407 posts
Posted - 2019/05/29 :  14:26:44  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Si Thompson's homepage  Reply with quote
Good post, Andy. A lot of truth in there.

The Rave Music Archive
https://soundcloud.com/the_rave_music_archive
https://www.youtube.com/c/theravemusicarchive

Kool Katz Digital
https://soundcloud.com/kool-katz-digital

Thumpa
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,600 posts
Thumpa is verified hardcore artist Thumpa has attended 81 events
Posted - 2019/05/29 :  21:46:52  Show profile View artist profile  Send a private message  Visit Thumpa's homepage  Reply with quote
Great post, all true. Dubcore killed UK hardcore 2011 - 2013.

The drunken scotsman
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,486 posts
Posted - 2019/05/30 :  06:49:17  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit The drunken scotsman's homepage  Reply with quote
Great post. I was a huge hardcore fan from around 2002 and after I went to my first rave a couple of years later it went into overdrive. Some of the best times of my life were had because of this music. I took a break from raving around 2009-2012 but coincidentally got back into it around the same time as dubcore was becoming ?popular?. I hated it but I had also rediscovered my love for raving so it was offset somewhat and there was still some good tunes around as well as the older stuff. It was clear to see the effect it had on the overall popularity of the scene though. The buzz was nowhere near what I remembered from my earlier raving days.

Even when I started really enjoying the music again in 2013-2014 the damage was done. Since then its went downhill again with this new screechy sound that everyone seems to be producing which is clearly for the American market.

For me I think its too late. Even if there was to be another resurgence I dont think id ever get back into it like I once was.

New PostPost Reply
Topic is 10 pages long: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 1.77 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page