Total online 1778
 Radio listeners 187+
Email Us!
Username: Password:

Lost password
 Remember my login 
 All forums
 Tracks, DJ mixes & release announcements

Clubland X-Treme Hardcore 8 - Tracklist!

Printer friendly
Page: 
of 10

Author Thread  
Skidzorz

Canada
299 posts
Posted - 2012/01/13 :  23:45:14  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Skidzorz's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by latininxtc:
quote:
Originally posted by Dys7:
quote:
Originally posted by ConnerIntenzifi:
Albums a cracker. Am getting more & more into this newer style of UKCore.

Loving the combination of both uplifting & electro style stuff in a set.

Now THIS is a guy that hasn't been reading the thread.

Thank God too because I'm tired of these threads turning into differing opinions of the directions of the scene. We get it already, some of y'all don't like it some of y'all don't.

So about that electrocore stuff, MAN is it ever shitty....

Alert moderator Go to top of page
Dys7
Advanced Member

United States
1,231 posts
Posted - 2012/01/13 :  23:52:32  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Dys7's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Skidzorz:
So about that electrocore stuff, MAN is it ever shitty....

Please, tell me more

---
The Spirit at the Edge of Infinity
Check out my cheesy fiddlings here:
http://soundcloud.com/dys7dj/

Edited by - Dys7 on 2012/01/13 23:53:57
warped_candykid
Advanced Member

United States
3,959 posts
warped_candykid has attended 5 events
Posted - 2012/01/14 :  00:09:13  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit warped_candykid's homepage  Reply with quote
Why are we calling it electrocore? It's Happy/UK Hardcore. Same artists, same template, just with unnecessay electro & dubstep influences. All these terms for the same thing are getting so stupid. First from the Happy Hardcore was UK Hardcore, then Clubcore/clublandcore, and now electrocore...

NekoShuffle
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,480 posts
NekoShuffle has attended 17 events
Posted - 2012/01/14 :  00:17:17  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit NekoShuffle's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by warped_candykid:
Why are we calling it electrocore? It's Happy/UK Hardcore. Same artists, same template, just with unnecessay electro & dubstep influences. All these terms for the same thing are getting so stupid. First from the Happy Hardcore was UK Hardcore, then Clubcore/clublandcore, and now electrocore...

First it was just 'Hardcore' then Happy Hardcore was early happy breakbeat -> 4/4 Happy vocal-y cheesy hardcore, then there was 'trancecore' for a short spell. Then as the trancy riffs took off it became known as 'UK Hardcore'.

I've never heard anyone call it Clubcore or Clublandcore.

I DEFINITELY wouldn't say the music on CXH8 is Happy Hardcore. The hardcore part is debateable, but Happy? No way. Hardcore hasn't been Happy for years.

Skidzorz

Canada
299 posts
Posted - 2012/01/14 :  00:28:48  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Skidzorz's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:

Except where you're totally wrong with that statement.. Happy Hardcore and UK hardcore are referring to the genre as a whole (UK as apposed to dutch, as in gabber, not UK as in British), whereas Clublandcore/Electrocore is referring to this one sub-section of hardcore. It's not like people are referring to all hardcore as eletrocore.. just the hardcore that has the minimilitic-electro influenced stuff.

latininxtc
Advanced Member

United States
7,307 posts
latininxtc has attended 5 events
Posted - 2012/01/14 :  01:08:38  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit latininxtc's homepage  Reply with quote
I think Warped knows the differences, but I imagine he doesn't like all this subgenre categorization for UK Hardcore, and is saying it should all be counted as UK Hardcore.

Personally I understand it's a bit confusing and a pain to keep up with, as many tracks you can't easily define where exactly in UK hardcore it fits under, but I wouldn't want to lump all of the great tunes that Darwin has produced with some of the worst shit that has ever come out of this electrocore style. Same thing goes as vise versa.

warped_candykid
Advanced Member

United States
3,959 posts
Posted - 2012/01/14 :  01:31:41  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit warped_candykid's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
I think Warped knows the differences, but I imagine he doesn't like all this subgenre categorization for UK Hardcore, and is saying it should all be counted as UK Hardcore.

Personally I understand it's a bit confusing and a pain to keep up with, as many tracks you can't easily define where exactly in UK hardcore it fits under, but I wouldn't want to lump all of the great tunes that Darwin has produced with some of the worst shit that has ever come out of this electrocore style. Same thing goes as vise versa.

Thank you. I can't stand these noobs. And Neko, there was Happy Hardcore in the 90s that wasn't over-the-top cheese, yet it was still called Happy Hardcore. Even though CLH V. 8 is no where near that particular 90s, and even mid 2000 sound, there is no need for all this sub-dividing. It's just the new sound for the old name. Happy/UK Hardcore is too small a genre to go through name changes at every change in the sound, because at the end of the day, it always makes it back to where it started. If there were more new artists ONLY pushing the Electro influence, and it made a staple sub-genre of Hardcore that could last for years to come, then ya, throw the electrocore name at it, but there isn't, so there's no need to create a sub-genre appearance to it.

Skidzorz

Canada
299 posts
Posted - 2012/01/14 :  01:35:07  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Skidzorz's homepage  Reply with quote
I don't thin anyone who calls it electrocore calls it that as if it was it's own genre, I think it's just like you said, they use it as to not lump Darwin's top 10 of all time tracks to DS ******** minimalist tracks.

warped_candykid
Advanced Member

United States
3,959 posts
Posted - 2012/01/14 :  01:35:21  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit warped_candykid's homepage  Reply with quote
And Neko, just because it doesn't fit YOUR idea of "happy", doesn't make it any less Happy for someone else. There was so much more experimentation in the 90s; there was piano-led HHC & synth-led HHC, yet it was still labled HHC.

NekoShuffle
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,480 posts
Posted - 2012/01/14 :  01:37:02  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit NekoShuffle's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
And Neko, just because it doesn't fit YOUR idea of "happy", doesn't make it any less Happy for someone else. There was so much more experimentation in the 90s; there was piano-led HHC & synth-led HHC, yet it was still labled HHC.

Okay so industrial hardcore is happy hardcore too as that makes people happy and it's hardcore.

Dys7
Advanced Member

United States
1,231 posts
Posted - 2012/01/14 :  01:40:35  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Dys7's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:

Listen to that "bangvip" sample posted on the last page and tell me its hardcore. Im not nit-picking about FX over riffs anymore, that's an entirely new sound. Electro, not hardcore. Not even electrocore. Just electro.

---
The Spirit at the Edge of Infinity
Check out my cheesy fiddlings here:
http://soundcloud.com/dys7dj/

warped_candykid
Advanced Member

United States
3,959 posts
Posted - 2012/01/14 :  01:42:12  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit warped_candykid's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by NekoShuffle:
quote:

Okay so industrial hardcore is happy hardcore too as that makes people happy and it's hardcore.

No Neko, I'm talking about tracks such as "You & I" and many others on the upcoming album.

NekoShuffle
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,480 posts
Posted - 2012/01/14 :  01:51:51  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit NekoShuffle's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
quote:
quote:

No Neko, I'm talking about tracks such as "You & I" and many others on the upcoming album.

I don't think that's happy hardcore either. That's just upfront. It's not a happy sounding track, therefore it's not happy hardcore. The electro makes it too aggressive to be happy hardcore IMO. Happy Hardcore is hardcore that is soley based around sounding happy. Which that track isn't. It's the same as a lot of the diva vocal tracks aren't happy hardcore either, the vocals are too melancholic and sad, and the chord progression isn't uplifting.

Stompy - Forever Hardcore = Happy Hardcore if you want an Upfront example. Nobody in the UK uses the term Happy Hardcore to describe anything post 2000 anymore. It's just Hardcore to us. Happy Hardcore is almost exclusively a 90s thing to most. I personally think that there's upfront hardcore which is happy but the diva vocals stuff and the aggressive electro tracks aren't, and most if not all people at a rave would agree.

latininxtc
Advanced Member

United States
7,307 posts
latininxtc has attended 5 events
Posted - 2012/01/14 :  02:02:17  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit latininxtc's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

I don't think that's happy hardcore either. That's just upfront. It's not a happy sounding track, therefore it's not happy hardcore. The electro makes it too aggressive to be happy hardcore IMO. Happy Hardcore is hardcore that is soley based around sounding happy. Which that track isn't. It's the same as a lot of the diva vocal tracks aren't happy hardcore either, the vocals are too melancholic and sad, and the chord progression isn't uplifting.

Stompy - Forever Hardcore = Happy Hardcore if you want an Upfront example. Nobody in the UK uses the term Happy Hardcore to describe anything post 2000 anymore. It's just Hardcore to us. Happy Hardcore is almost exclusively a 90s thing to most. I personally think that there's upfront hardcore which is happy but the diva vocals stuff and the aggressive electro tracks aren't, and most if not all people at a rave would agree.

happy hardcore may be called hardcore to y'all, but to the rest of the world it is UK hardcore, and hardcore refers to what the UK calls gabber. I don't see the point in labeling anything happy hardcore anymore, as like you mentioned everything post 2000 is not really that "happy", so no sense in getting worked up about it or instigating arguments about what should or should not be called "happy hardcore" these days.

EDIT: and what's in bold is not necessarily referring to you, so don't get all defensive about it.

Edited by - latininxtc on 2012/01/14 02:04:12
NekoShuffle
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,480 posts
Posted - 2012/01/14 :  02:08:36  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit NekoShuffle's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

happy hardcore may be called hardcore to y'all, but to the rest of the world it is UK hardcore, and hardcore refers to what the UK calls gabber. I don't see the point in labeling anything happy hardcore anymore, as like you mentioned everything post 2000 is not really that "happy", so no sense in getting worked up about it or instigating arguments about what should or should not be called "happy hardcore" these days.

EDIT: and what's in bold is not necessarily referring to you, so don't get all defensive about it.

I actually agree, really I don't think the offbeat bass and trancy synths used nowadays just don't translate happy very well at all. There are a few tracks out there but I think the stabs of the 90s and bouncier kicks were much more of a happy sound. I label happy hardcore as such because for the most part I only like the happy hardcore, I'm not really too interested in the UK Hardcore stuff.

New PostPost Reply
Topic is 10 pages long: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 1.56 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page