Lost password
 Remember my login 
 All forums
 Events: Rest of the world

MORE IMPORTANT THAN ANYTHING, READ!! Sydney event

Printer friendly
Page: 
of 3

Only administrators or moderators can post new topics in this forum. All users can reply to topics in this forum

Author Thread  
doppelstah
Starting Member

Australia
19 posts
Posted - 2002/11/20 :  01:45:04  Show profile Send a private message
This is in reference to the subject: Old School Ravers YOU MUST READ!
If you havent read this, please go back and read it!

I really want to throw this event, but put it this way, if I dont get the required response and audience then I can't hold the event!

This event is about more than a rave its about unity bringing people together, not for the glow sticks and the reflector outfits, it about what the scene really was like, PLUR, and now its gone. I want to bring it back but only you can help, This will truely be a night to remember, Old school style.

If you are a TRUE raver and havent lost faith, I urge you to reply to this, we can make it happen, we'll start underground and keep it that way. This will be the last msg I post here in regards to the actual event, all other correspondence will be done via the website which will be posted here in the upcoming weeks. IF YOU WANA HERE ONE MORE... then help out!

Cheers
doppelstah

Alert moderator
toxic
Advanced Member

Australia
1,540 posts
toxic has attended 2 events
Posted - 2002/11/20 :  01:55:23  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit toxic's homepage
^^^ This post will self-destruct in 5secs ... LMAO

seriously ... what is it exactly u want ... money/donation?

Whisper something nice, and ill make you scream twice !!!

Alert moderator Go to top of page
djyogi

Australia
487 posts
Posted - 2002/11/20 :  02:09:34  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit djyogi's homepage
ive heard this shit already, If i can recall i tried to do the same thing an no one helps out.

"My only regret in life is that i wasn't a DJ" Draz

strychnine
Advanced Member

Australia
2,268 posts

92 hardcore releases
strychnine has attended 2 events
Posted - 2002/11/20 :  02:36:27  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit strychnine's homepage
Unfortunately, mate, it's not gonna be easy to pull off an event like this with the scene as a whole in the good state of health that it's in - you'll be under the exact same expectations that every other promoter is under. To be honest, many of the people who remember what you're on about are still going to parties and carrying on the vibe, and they *are* keeping the faith, so it begs the question, what exactly are you offering? Are you gonna ban glowstix, have a dress code that doesn't allow reflectors, etc? Sounds a bit un-TAZzy to me *shrugs*

djyogi

Australia
487 posts
Posted - 2002/11/20 :  02:51:06  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit djyogi's homepage
hey thats a goood idea y dont they have a rave where its just one colour, in Germany theres was this trance event on last year and anywayz ppl were just wearing all white , it was ****en sick like 12 000 ppl just wearing white and like the lighting which they had in the rooom was making everyone in white look mad. its a goood idea i reckon.

strychnine
Advanced Member

Australia
2,268 posts

92 hardcore releases
Posted - 2002/11/20 :  03:02:12  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit strychnine's homepage
Yeah it'd be cool but I think it sorta goes against the whole freedom-to-be-yourself thing that raves are (supposedly) all about - freedom to dress, dance, act, etc however you see fit. Just my AU$0.02 (AU$0.022 with GST)

doppelstah
Starting Member

Australia
19 posts
Posted - 2002/11/20 :  13:58:49  Show profile  Send a private message
If your not going to be productive then F*** Off!

Look this anit about a dress code, put it this way and correct me if im wrong, but be honest with yourself. When you go to a "rave" nowadays you girls trying to out do eachother, ****ing attitudes flying everywhere, whos go the best body, who wearing the shortest skirt and 'still looking good' etx, NO ONE IS ****ING WATCHING AND IF YOU ARE GO TO THE ****ING DESPERATE AND DATELESS CRUSIE!

And about the glowstix situation honestly its outa hand people wave them around looking like there trying to land a plane, I am considering banning them at this event yes, Im not a hitler raver, if we're gonna do it old school, lets do it old school.

Money/Donations, No I dont want your money, if I was about money Id just charge for the tickets, Im looking at the seven degrees of seperation, throught the rave community we should be able to organize the big things, Sound and Lighting mostly, and the little things, water, chupa chups, etc. Dj's are taken care of butin light of the spirit, if you want to play you must, have old school VINYL (THERE WILL BE NO CD MIXERS SO DONT EVEN ASK!, WE'RE HARDCORE RAVERS NOT NIK SKITZ CLUBBERS) I dont care if you cant do any tricks, so long as your selection is ear candy, and you are a decent beat mixer. I am open to all suggestions. This we be a corroberated event between myself and fellow organizer + the rest of the rave community, I will listen to you and 9.5/10 I will give you what you want, remember I just want this night to be real.

Cheers all,
doppelstah.

djyogi

Australia
487 posts
Posted - 2002/11/20 :  14:03:23  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit djyogi's homepage
Right, can we bring in our whistles ???
Hey how about we do a rave that lasts all week, we go out to some fields or find a abandon warehouse , we get a dj list of bout 200 dj's well known and not well known that would seriously kick ass. cause no ones ever had an event where there have beeen 200 dj's or so playing,

strychnine
Advanced Member

Australia
2,268 posts

92 hardcore releases
Posted - 2002/11/20 :  15:16:00  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit strychnine's homepage
Pffft ... whistles ruin the music and should be banned IMO ... not that I'm a "hitler raver" or anything

toxic
Advanced Member

Australia
1,540 posts
Posted - 2002/11/20 :  16:27:03  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit toxic's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by doppelstah:

Money/Donations, No I dont want your money, if I was about money Id just charge for the tickets,

didnt u say in Old School Ravers YOU MUST READ! this:

"THE MORE HELP WE CAN GET FROM YOU THE CHEAPER THE TICKETS AND THE BETTER THE NIGHT WILL BE! WE ARE CALLING TRUE AND I REPEAT TRUE RAVERS TO THE SCENE, A NIGHT THAT WILL MAKE YOUR HEART FEEL LIKE IT USE TO, I HAVE A DREAM TO SEE PEOPLE OF OUR NATIONS DANCING TOGETHER"

silver
Admin

Japan
12,560 posts

894 hardcore releases
silver is verified hardcore artist silver is a site donation subscriber silver has attended 108 events
Posted - 2002/11/20 :  19:11:36  Show profile View artist profile  Send a private message  Visit silver's homepage
Please only use one post.

I hope your event goes well but one thing I have learned from running this web site is if you want it done the right way do it yourself.

Book me for your gig :)

----------------------------------
you, me and hardcore forever.

strychnine
Advanced Member

Australia
2,268 posts

92 hardcore releases
Posted - 2002/11/21 :  01:48:12  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit strychnine's homepage
^^ LMAO silver do you wear a t-shirt that sez "will drop pants for an international gig"?

toxic
Advanced Member

Australia
1,540 posts
Posted - 2002/11/21 :  03:17:22  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit toxic's homepage
strychnine, u should know better than to give him any ideas

djyogi

Australia
487 posts
Posted - 2002/11/21 :  14:23:20  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit djyogi's homepage
hahahaha imagine that though, alll the happy hardcore dj's producers joining to form one for a 3 day event, U would have Charly lownoise and mental theo , Blumchen, Dune, party Animals, All the uk dj's, das modul, Dyewitness, ultrasonic , **** it would be huge, im sure there would be ppl paying $300 a ticket

strychnine
Advanced Member

Australia
2,268 posts

92 hardcore releases
Posted - 2002/11/21 :  14:40:06  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit strychnine's homepage
^^ there are some who'd pay that much just for a chance to throw rotten fruit at Blumchen

weba_d
Advanced Member

Australia
789 posts
weba_d has attended 1 event
Posted - 2002/11/21 :  15:23:16  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit weba_d's homepage
the long day event is a good idea
up here on the north coast we have 3-4 day long "doofs" that play pyc trance, they organsise a carnival and market kinda atmosphere, its really cool, and it gets the numbers
The only possible way to hold and event this size would have to be a long way outa sydney, a loooooooong way!,
To attract the numbers, the whole "camp out" ideA will be an interest
Has there ver been a rave that was held over a number of days?:)

"what goes up must come down"...so keep popin!

WEBA D

New EventPost Reply
Topic is 3 pages long: 1  2  3
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 1.4 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page