Lost password
 Remember my login 
 All forums
 Events: Rest of the world

Australian HHC Festival???

Printer friendly
Page: 
of 3

Only administrators or moderators can post new topics in this forum. All users can reply to topics in this forum

Author Thread  
ket

Australia
52 posts
Posted - 2002/03/14 :  19:22:54  Show profile Send a private message
You know what I would love to see? An Australian HHC Festival like Advent*Jah and that sort but totally dedicated to the happy hardcore... dammit bring hullabaloo over here!!!! :P Who's with me yay or nay?!

*which one means yes? yay... yay!!!!*

Alert moderator
silver
Admin

Japan
12,560 posts

894 hardcore releases
silver is verified hardcore artist silver is a site donation subscriber silver has attended 108 events
Posted - 2002/03/15 :  00:02:15  Show profile View artist profile  Send a private message  Visit silver's homepage
PowerHouse productions used to do only happy hardcore events.

----------------------------------
you, me and hardcore forever.

Alert moderator Go to top of page
Heist
Advanced Member

Australia
706 posts
Posted - 2002/03/15 :  01:00:47  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Heist's homepage
DAMNIT!! YES!!

www.mp3.com/djheist

WWW.VOIDDJ.COM

Mixes, Original Tracks & Remixes, Hardcore Event/Music Reviews, Pics and more...

Lusive
Average Member

Australia
151 posts
Posted - 2002/03/15 :  02:58:53  Show profile  Send a private message
as much as its a nice idea, it wouldnt work.. not an entirely hhc event.. at least not at this time in AU.

it may scare off hhc for good i fear.. just my thoughts.. what do you think Heist?

| A good way to threaten somebody is to light a stick of dynamite. Then you call the guy and hold the burning fuse up to the phone. "Hear that?" you say. "That's dynamite, baby." -Jack Handy |

ket

Australia
52 posts
Posted - 2002/03/17 :  17:51:02  Show profile  Send a private message
I so would try to set up a HHC festival if I could get sponsorship from a company like Coke or something (not that I'm endorsing coke or anything... it's just better to spend someone elses money :P ) enough to get in a headlining act and to make it worth it for Dj's to play at it :)

spry

Australia
39 posts
Posted - 2002/03/17 :  18:47:39  Show profile  Send a private message
I dont think it would work, not on that scale. The reason hard house / hard trance are in the main rooms at sydney events is because thats what people want to hear.

manic

Australia
299 posts
manic has attended 8 events
Posted - 2002/03/17 :  21:11:50  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit manic's homepage
I think a HHC festival could work. But it would have to be an underground event, since the scene is not that big in Sydney and you would not spend shit loads of money promoting it.

spry

Australia
39 posts
Posted - 2002/03/18 :  02:39:53  Show profile  Send a private message
The "underground" happy scene is not big enough to support such an event, much as id like it to be. Any festival is gonna cost a fair bit to setup, if you wanna get that money back youve gotta get people through the door, the only way to do that is to promote it to as many people as possible.

Take a look at utopia, its a huge event with thousands of people attending, but it is promoted everywhere you look to everyone you see, and most of the people who attend are not there for happy hard, a lot are, but these days i would say more people are there for the main room hard house / trance.

To tell you the truth i cant see an all happy event of that scale being feasible any time in the near future, it seems all the ravers are converted to clubbers once they turn 18 and the love for happy hard slowly fades as they find new music styles and their tastes expand.

pacman
Advanced Member

Australia
1,132 posts

190 hardcore releases
pacman has attended 8 events
Posted - 2002/03/18 :  14:52:33  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit pacman's homepage
nah no way it would work.... for a start, there's not enough happyhard around to fill a whole rave. i mean, say it was 10-6, i seriously don't believe that in those 8 hours you wouldn't hear the same tunes repeated a couple of times. i think hardcore only events are a good idea (ie thrillseeka or atmosfear) or hardcore & drum'n'bass, but i don't think happy could fill a whole night. besides, do you really want to listen to it for eight hours?????

people do not want to hear ONLY happyhard and thus the promoters won't do it.

drugs is not the answer... drugs? is the question... yes is the answer

silver
Admin

Japan
12,560 posts

894 hardcore releases
silver is verified hardcore artist silver is a site donation subscriber silver has attended 108 events
Posted - 2002/03/18 :  15:45:12  Show profile View artist profile  Send a private message  Visit silver's homepage
pacman: are you kidding? I put on entire happy hardcore events and they went fine... there are tones of tunes...

manic

Australia
299 posts
Posted - 2002/03/18 :  22:33:48  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit manic's homepage
I'm not talking about a party on the same scale of Utopia. I'm talking about a party that would not be advertised that much. I can get a venue for next to nothing and I can hopefully keep the cops away. I'm talking of a party that would have about 1% of the overheads that a Utopia would have.

As far as the music goes , I guess there could be some gabba in there , but, the night would be predominantly happy hard. If you don't think you'll have a good time, then don't come.

It is true that house and trance in want ever forms they are have a wider appeal, but, there is still a market for happy hard and it is slowly growing again in Sydney after a lull. More record storesa are stocking haapy hard tunes. I Know that happy hard parties will not get the same attendances as Utopia parties or maybe harder parties, and each Utopia party I've been too has been a great night. But, judging from some of the attitudes out there it may be best that the scene remains small. Everything has its place. I've been listening to happy hard for nearly 10 yrs now, as well as other genres, and I still think its the best music to dance to while you are on the wave of XTC.

" Hardcore is a feeling, not a fashion" DJ Scott Brown

I was sent to outer space to find another happy place. Now i'm left here all alone, a million miles away from home.

Edited by - manic on 2002/03/18 22:46:15
pacman
Advanced Member

Australia
1,132 posts

190 hardcore releases
pacman has attended 8 events
Posted - 2002/03/19 :  14:12:47  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit pacman's homepage
yeah i guess..... apoligies....

drugs is not the answer... drugs? is the question... yes is the answer

Oli G
Advanced Member

United States
1,817 posts
Oli G is verified hardcore artist Oli G has donated money to the site Oli G has attended 41 events
Posted - 2002/03/19 :  14:54:01  Show profile View artist profile  Send a private message  Visit Oli G's homepage
quote:
for a start, there's not enough happyhard around to fill a whole rave

Course there is...

slammin runs from about 9 till 6am
withonly a couple of repeated tunes
ok they have two hardhouse sets in there.. but i still belive there is enough hardcore to fill a night

i could fill 4 hours with my own tunes and ive not been collecting hardcore vinyl that long :D

"ENERGISE"
\o/ <o/ \o> <o> /o\ _o/ \o_

http://www.myspace.com/camelrecords

manic

Australia
299 posts
Posted - 2002/03/19 :  17:57:59  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit manic's homepage
Thanks for the apology Pacman. I should have read your bio but. You see when I was ravin hard every week back in the mid 90s happy hard was the scene. DJs Spellbound, Pee Wee, Akira, Subzero, Vagas, Dynamix, Vic, Daydream, Shade and Brett who ran Prodigy production group all played happy hard. Parties like AdrEnalin and Eclipse were happy hard parties. At AdrEnalin there were about six DJs from the UK. I can remember DJs Supreme Clarkee, Force and Styles, **** I hate losing flyers, anyway, it was the biggest UK line up in Sydney and that pulled about 5,000 - 6,000. The scene has been bigger than what it is now. But what killed the scene was the death of Anna Wood (god rest her soul), the shooting at the graffiti hall of fame and doggy promoters.

So there is my prespective on things. Given your age pacman, you might not have known that. But just think what will happen in the scene when you reach my age, I bet that things won't stay the way they are because you will always have factions ready to go to battle.

" Hardcore is a feeling, not a fashion" DJ Scott Brown

I was sent to outer space to find another happy place. Now i'm left here all alone, a million miles away from home.

Edited by - manic on 2002/03/25 18:47:59
silver
Admin

Japan
12,560 posts

894 hardcore releases
Posted - 2002/03/19 :  18:17:14  Show profile View artist profile  Send a private message  Visit silver's homepage
manic: wow your old skool... what was your first party?

Lusive
Average Member

Australia
151 posts
Posted - 2002/03/19 :  19:20:30  Show profile  Send a private message
speaking for brisbane's scene here mainly:

A lot of people wont go to a happy hard only event.. in fact if you put on a completely happy hard event youd maybe get 100 ppl.. but if you put on a all rounded event you'd see a lot more than 100 ppl in the happy hard room. Hard house attracts a lot more people.. most of which used to listen to hardcore when back in the day.

I think the thing is once you get ppl through the door they soon realise that happy hard is the most fun music to listen to.. (and i dont mean in a "my style of music is better than yours" way, i mean that out of all the styles you hear these days hhc has the least attitude and always has a welcoming, fun atmosphere)

You cant build an entirely happy hard event, it definitely will not work, but i'd like to think that later on down the track it may, brisbane's happy hard scene (and all over australia, bar maybe northern Territory hehe) is definitely getting stronger. Its just a matter of getting it out there to the open minded people and trying to motivate all of the old hhc supporters to come along again.

I like being able to go to an event which has lots of different styles of music, but i would love a happy hard room to become a neccesity, so i can always come back to it, like some sort of oasis (mind you i'd spend all, or most, of the event in there).

I think we can do it.

Anyone else from brisbane on this board? (other than Heist)
or are you all from sydney?

| A good way to threaten somebody is to light a stick of dynamite. Then you call the guy and hold the burning fuse up to the phone. "Hear that?" you say. "That's dynamite, baby." -Jack Handy |

New EventPost Reply
Topic is 3 pages long: 1  2  3
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 1.67 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page