Australian HHC Festival???

Printer friendly
Page: 
of 3

Author Thread  
djyogi

Australia
487 posts
Posted - 2002/05/11 :  04:22:01  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit djyogi's homepage  Reply with quote
Geese manic u seem to be the same as me , im in the same respect as u wanting to do soemthing for a change in the sydney scene. Im also from sydney and have alot of ideas to get the happy hardcore scene back.
I was thinking y dont we get our own big production company here in sydney like powerhouse but bigger and better???
maybe if we get 20 members or so we could make a joint venture type thingy and with our team we meet up like twice or 3 times a month and try and organise a big event for the month??? It could work out if our team is determined , anywayz for those of you who r interested just keeepign on adding your name to this post.

Alert moderator Go to top of page
manic

Australia
299 posts
manic has attended 8 events
Posted - 2002/05/12 :  16:18:08  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit manic's homepage  Reply with quote
You don't need to get to the size of a Powerhouse parte to be successful. If it eventually gets to that , well then you go with the flow, but it should not be a goal initially. But I think the idea of people coming together and talking about these issues and putting on partes is a great idea. I guess one of the first things to talk about is the "joint venture" as Djyogi put it, or maybe a partnership and how we go about securing everyones interest.

" Hardcore is a feeling, not a fashion" DJ Scott Brown

I was sent to outer space to find another happy place. Now i'm left here all alone, a million miles away from home.

silver
Admin

Japan
12,560 posts

894 hardcore releases
silver is verified hardcore artist silver is a site donation subscriber silver has attended 108 events
Posted - 2002/05/12 :  18:11:50  Show profile View artist profile  Send a private message  Visit silver's homepage  Reply with quote
Sure... I'm come and DJ for you :)

----------------------------------
you, me and hardcore forever.

manic

Australia
299 posts
Posted - 2002/05/13 :  00:10:44  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit manic's homepage  Reply with quote
Thanks for that silver, it would be much appreciated. Looks like this parte may actually some together. Do you want to make an offer Silver?

I was sent to outer space to find another happy place. Now i'm left here all alone, a million miles away from home.

zazzy

Australia
20 posts
Posted - 2002/05/13 :  05:26:35  Show profile  Send a private message  Reply with quote
We ppl in Perth at least have Dair and Menis!n Hooray for them!!! If anyones heard Dair playing will know that man plays the most energetic sets ever!!! Pity we hear hardcore only once a month and then occasionally in raves...:(
Go Perth!!

Join the mailing list:
northernhappykrew@hotmail.com

interviews, music and STUFF!!!

interviews, music and STUFF!!!

silver
Admin

Japan
12,560 posts

894 hardcore releases
silver is verified hardcore artist silver is a site donation subscriber silver has attended 108 events
Posted - 2002/05/13 :  05:44:33  Show profile View artist profile  Send a private message  Visit silver's homepage  Reply with quote
Sure PM me

spry

Australia
39 posts
Posted - 2002/05/13 :  14:58:13  Show profile  Send a private message  Reply with quote
hey guys id be interested in helping out too.

djyogi

Australia
487 posts
Posted - 2002/05/14 :  21:15:19  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit djyogi's homepage  Reply with quote
hey manic first thing we need to do is make a web site dedicated to this joint venture, which i can take care of from there on i guess its how many ppl put there names down for support and yeahh then we shold see what we can all do. If you want to give me more details manic it would be much appreciated of what ya reckon how we should do things.

cheers

HaPPy i LuV Da HaRdCorE
Average Member

Australia
162 posts
Posted - 2002/05/15 :  02:32:44  Show profile  Send a private message  Reply with quote
Sydney has a pretty good scene when it comes to party's but Powerhouse are in it for the money. Raving is now seen as a cool thing to do and lots of ppl are just starting and go so as they can say the "Rave". Then there are those that are just going to 'pick up chicks'. At the last Utopia, I didnt go but was told my ppl who did that the atmosphere just wasnt there. This is because of the major advertising campaigns that are run. To throw a good party yeah you need to get the word round but you dont want it getting around to these ppl who only rave cause they are told its the cool thing to do. Sydney has had for a few years now a large and steady Rave scene and there isnt a need for a whole influx of new ravers there is enough already there.
A HHC event would definetely be a great idea. Recently in Sydney there was a youth festival and Weaver played a HHC set in broad daylight in a tent and there was about 150 ppl dancing. Thats all you need, a few hundred ppl a small venue and some quality DJ's. Start out small and then build your way up. Start a party scene of your own and build it up. You cant expect to go out and have a party with 1000's of ppl first of. Muzikal Cloudz is a good example of an up and coming party that has potential.
So yeah have an HHC event but dont aim to high.

"The Milky Bars Are On Me"

spry

Australia
39 posts
Posted - 2002/05/15 :  16:28:52  Show profile  Send a private message  Reply with quote
yeah i was at that party, in nth sydney right? that was a fun little day it was!

silver
Admin

Japan
12,560 posts

894 hardcore releases
Posted - 2002/05/15 :  18:05:51  Show profile View artist profile  Send a private message  Visit silver's homepage  Reply with quote
I remember when Utopia was like 500 people and the promotor who I know extreamly well isn't in it for the money... he just wants to make bigger and bigger parties... he loves making them he is not in it for the money.

djyogi

Australia
487 posts
Posted - 2002/05/16 :  01:33:54  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit djyogi's homepage  Reply with quote
hey no ones replied to my reply. IS any1 up for joining such a group which will host and have raves on a regular basis???

manic

Australia
299 posts
Posted - 2002/05/19 :  16:38:04  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit manic's homepage  Reply with quote
I guess my suggestion is that we all meet and discuss how this organisation will be set up. Whether you set it up as a company, partnership, joint venture, etc. A company seems to give the directors more protection, but is moree costly to set up as compared to a paretnership. In a partnership all partners are liable for losses according to their capital contribution, whereas if the company suffers losses then the directors are not held liable and the company can be wound up if there is no cash to pay the bills.

The website is a great ides and as I have expressed before keeping it small to start off with is I think the way to go. But this all needs to be discussed.

I have a venue in mind, but, it is totally illegal, unless I can get the owner around to hire it out. Other things would be scout halls or things like that. Also you can look in the paper for short term lease places and lease them for a week or two.

Edited by - manic on 2002/05/20 00:04:33
djyogi

Australia
487 posts
Posted - 2002/05/21 :  00:58:29  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit djyogi's homepage  Reply with quote
well sounds goood to me manic , do u have a email address??? maybe we could possibly meet for lunch or something and talk some things over ???? to get us under d way

New PostPost Reply
Topic is 3 pages long: 1  2  3
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 1.44 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page