Page: 
of 4

Author Thread  
Midway_raver
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,032 posts
Midway_raver has attended 2 events
Posted - 2001/09/11 :  19:23:40  Show profile  Send a private message  Reply with quote
CAnt say i like punk!! I have to disagree that punk n hhc similar, i mean, hhc happy uplifting fast electronicv music!! rigth punk hmm fats ok 1 similarity upliftuing i dont think so and electronic only if a guitar amp f**ks up?? sorry but plz plz plz dnt associate myt fave kind amusic hhc with that shit plz plz plz ok!! have had my say, each to ouyr own hey!!

Ant B

Alert moderator Go to top of page
Elation
Average Member

Canada
232 posts
Posted - 2001/09/11 :  22:08:15  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Elation's homepage  Reply with quote
i was a wee skater kid back in the day and grew up on punk and hardcore bands. i can make people double take when they leaf through my cd binders. crass, circle jerks, exploited, born against, snapcase, ignite, old metallica, slayer, sepultura, alanis morrisette, beatles, glenn miller, celtic, 50's jazz. i usually go through phases, like i might be into punk for a few weeks then get heavy into the metal, get it...heavy metal... then relax with some jazz a few days later. it keeps me interested in all my music and i feel it helps me understand music in general and why it affects me so much.

you musnt think of it as a problem, you must embrace the fact that you are a diverse individual that likes music. music is for the body, mind and soul.

live it, love it, cause its all good!!!

happyhardcoresmiles

huggablez420

United States
34 posts
Posted - 2001/09/28 :  10:30:35  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit huggablez420's homepage  Reply with quote
Yea for PUNK. I was a little skater chic back in the day, too, (okay, not THAT long ago... perhaps 4 years...) and I still like to listen to my favorite punk bands sometimes. I think my music tastes have changed very dramatically, though, and I predominantly listen to electronic music now.GO HAPPY HARDCORE

"Open your eyes, see all the love in me..."

P.L.U.R!

Elation
Average Member

Canada
232 posts
Posted - 2001/09/28 :  19:52:31  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Elation's homepage  Reply with quote
hey Huggablez420...
did you ever go to hardcore shows? or buy any 7" records?
just wonderin

(:(:happyhardcoresmiles:):)

Atlas
Average Member

United States
185 posts
Posted - 2001/10/05 :  11:09:54  Show profile  Send a private message  Reply with quote
damn skizzy....i used to be all extra in to punk all back in the day...............misfits,nofx,badreligion and what not...............hardcore is hardcore!

"I'm the dj, you're not, so shut the fook up and dance."

Elation
Average Member

Canada
232 posts
Posted - 2001/10/05 :  19:12:30  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Elation's homepage  Reply with quote
wicked Atlas...nice to see more ppl into the Hardcore Band scene. i feel like it was a natural progression, from one kind of upbeat, fast, hard music to another. You ever hit any shows?...i havent seen a hardcore show in a while. one of the last bands i saw was SNAPCASE. OMG. they have so much power and energy. wow. i love that s**t.

huggablez420

United States
34 posts
Posted - 2001/10/06 :  18:09:43  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit huggablez420's homepage  Reply with quote
Elation: I skipped the vinyl, but I did attend a few shows..
umm...
No Use for a Name (fun fun)
NOFX
Lagwagon
etc.

I really like SKA, too. Anyone else?

"Open your eyes, see all the love in me..."

[size="4"]P.L.U.R![/size="4"]

P.L.U.R!

NightSoul
Average Member

United Kingdom
238 posts
Posted - 2001/10/08 :  18:40:23  Show profile  Send a private message  Reply with quote
NoFx (some bizzare tracks)

also pennywise > less than jake > greenday > rancid > not a punk fanatic > but can listen 2 the odd punk band now and again

went 2 see the offspring last year > just before the run up 2 christmas > at the cathouse in glasgow (eh.......shame about the so called mosh pit) ...... a cat could have jumped about in their and not one person would have got scratched >! took 1 look and said * right another drink*!!

mdma1263
Starting Member

United States
9 posts
Posted - 2001/10/08 :  18:50:08  Show profile  Send a private message  Reply with quote
All about pennywise

DJ Pathfinder
Advanced Member

Netherlands
1,676 posts

51 hardcore releases
Posted - 2001/10/09 :  06:35:21  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit DJ Pathfinder's homepage  Reply with quote
i listnen to all type of music exept r&b and stupid pop.

the green album by weezer and the new muse album rocks completely.

idm/ electro are defenly styles to watch out for.

Elation
Average Member

Canada
232 posts
Posted - 2001/11/08 :  03:56:12  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Elation's homepage  Reply with quote
PENNYWISE!!! YES!!! full circle rulez.

plasma

United States
27 posts
Posted - 2001/11/08 :  11:52:03  Show profile  Send a private message  Reply with quote
I have a large punk vinyl collection. I've been collecting it for about 14 years, and I still wear my 14i steel toe docs every day. I lost all the hostility of my youth,but I still love to listen to the old stuff.(minor threat,exploited,the cramps.......)It helps to vent the anger.

It's ok to be drunk before noon.

Elation
Average Member

Canada
232 posts
Posted - 2001/11/09 :  00:04:15  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Elation's homepage  Reply with quote
definitly...ive lost my teenage angst, but still love the stuff. ive been listening to it for quite a while as well. ive got alot of 7 inches, but not as many 12 inches. Minor Threat were the kings. did you get into Fugazi? do you know of Dag Nasty, Lincon, Born Against, Shellac, Universal Order of Armaggedon? man...we used to travel for hours just to see a wee kik azz hardcore show. those were the days. i used to sport 10 hole Docs back in highskool.

Edited by - Elation on 09 Nov 2001 00:06:05

SINIZTA
Average Member

United States
206 posts
Posted - 2001/11/13 :  22:30:42  Show profile  Send a private message  Reply with quote
WU-TANG,PUNK RAWK, and HARDCORE!!!
DA WAY OF LIFE!!!

PENNYWISE,98 MUTE,DIVIATES,OP IVY, RANCID,
NOFX,VOODOO GLOW SKULLS,GUTTERMOUTH,
LINK 80, PROPAGANDI, and LAGWAGON all great PUNK!!!

oh yeah, and FUGAZI, MINOR THREAT, OSKER and U know
there's a hell of a lot more!!!

Edited by - SINIZTA on 13 Nov 2001 22:42:30

DJ Pathfinder
Advanced Member

Netherlands
1,676 posts

51 hardcore releases
Posted - 2001/11/15 :  05:50:03  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit DJ Pathfinder's homepage  Reply with quote
good to hear that hardcore people
are open minded this must be a lesson for all those people that are simple minded.

You can't see me,because i am the future.

New PostPost Reply
Topic is 4 pages long: 1  2  3  4
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 1.81 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page