Email Us!
Username: Password:

Lost password
 Remember my login 

All forums
 Events: Rest of the world

Helter Skelter @ Code Review

Printer friendly

Only administrators or moderators can post new topics in this forum. All users can reply to topics in this forum

Author Thread  
Oli G
Advanced Member

United States
1,817 posts
Oli G is verified hardcore artist Oli G has donated money to the site Oli G has attended 41 events
Posted - 2002/11/09 :  21:33:21  Show profile View artist profile Send a private message
What can i say

****ing FANTASTIC, one of the best raves ive EVER been to EVER EVER etc...

Arrived at 10:00pm to be greeted by friendly door staff (this made a change), and let in very swiftly with a quick but fair search, entrance (nus discount please thankyou bye) and in, and i was greeted by demand playing a set of evolution/compulsive tunes, which was amazing, at this point i had creamed my pants already by the venue, the place was amazing, THE best venue i have EVER seen (no.. honestly) it was superb, decorated slightly by HS with hanging thingys, but with the wickedest array of lights and the phattest setup + soundsystem ever... only one bad thing were the bar prices, fooooking ell.. but never mind that.

After Demands set was Bunter, who played a banging but upfliting set of hard trance, which was ok, got people dancing, the place was starting to fill up a bit now, getting busyer and busyer by the minuite.

After bunter came sharkey and energy b2b, THIS was cream your pants time, as i heard the best set of freeform and banging dark stuff i have in a long lon glong time, also finishing off with the most blinding breakbeat ive ever heard, a tune by Ham, (not one of the new next gen releases) which was hard dirty and ****ing ace, along with some other breakbeat by sharkey and devastate (i think sharky said aftwards anyway), to top it off sharkey had a headset on so was mc'ing while djing and was in his true party spirit.... best set of the night imo.

Neext was... mark eg (i think, i wasnt that mashed heh) with a wicked set of hard bangin trance, along with his usual antics behind the decks which is ****in great to watch he was ****in havin it thru his, and everyone elses sets too

Next up... SY, what do you expect :), starting with just play it loud, and playing tunes such as, elysium, ghetto blaster, devotion (yay), and a new clsm tune Higher and Higher, which is wicked, also neck breaker and a drum and bass tune randomly throw in.. wicked set

after mr sy was hixxy who did suprise me, i do like some of the raverbaby tunes (the better ones) but not being a big fan i was dubious (plus hixxy has produced some tripe recently.. but no offence heh), but starting out with bangin sped up german trance and ending up playing the set you free rmx, lost boys, and some more good raverbaby stuff, then finishing off with wonderfull days (yay again)

Neeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeext... The crow... **** ME, hardest set under 155bpm i have ever heard, hard as ****in nails, bangin as hell, and ****ing wicked, hats off to this guy, i was well impressed, specialy that "slut" tune, the kick drums in all theese tunes were wickd, emphasised by the decent sound system, wicked set.

And finaly, styles, who id love to comment on, buy flyering dutys prevailed (yes this involved standing outside, in the rain, handing flyers out to ppl leaving and getting the occasional witty "roach" comment.. nobs...)

The end

Well done HS for a wicked as **** event, will 100% be at the next one...

Shouts too (if i forget you, sorry didnt mean to heh)

|Wiggi, speedy b, seph, mozz, djay, ben e, djay's mrs/friend, phil friction, sharkey, ravegirl, davespice, ponder, hb, cris e manic, uplift, thumpa, sawyer, jay prescott (your off ur ****in head hehehhee), leanne + shauny c, the flyering crew outside, the dancers for giving me something to look at mmmmmm, if i forgot anyone
sorry....

Cheers

Oli G

Garage Is where You Keep Your ****in Car
House Is where You Live
Hardcore Is HOW You Live

\o/ <o/ \o> <o> /o\ _o/ \o_

Alert moderator
toxic
Advanced Member

Australia
1,540 posts
toxic has attended 2 events
Posted - 2002/11/09 :  22:22:54  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit toxic's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by OliGhalebi:
to top it off sharkey had a headset on so was mc'ing while djing and was in his true party spirit.... best set of the night imo.

Thats awesome to hear ... Sharkey fine tuning his set for an upcoming gig down under at Hyperspeed

Crack another one !!!

Alert moderator Go to top of page
SPeedY_B

United Kingdom
25 posts
Posted - 2002/11/10 :  09:40:30  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit SPeedY_B's homepage
Damned right! Last night was superb!
SY Played like an angel too, ghetto blaster was a bit out the blue made everyone go nuts though ... nice
gotta agree that Sharkeys set was top set of the night, hard as fok.

-(( www.lost-the-plot.org || www.speedyb.co.uk ))-

mc lyrical

United Kingdom
74 posts
Posted - 2002/11/11 :  07:20:41  Show profile  Send a private message
wicked night, only problem there was no chill out room. some where you can chill and have a chat. the stairs up to room 2 where the only part where you could comunicate. im not moaning i had an awesome time but if daves reading this how about considering this for jan

Last night and the night before... Tommyknockers knocking at my door

www.danceharder.co.uk

Emanation

United Kingdom
116 posts

57 hardcore releases
Posted - 2002/11/15 :  04:18:24  Show profile  Send a private message
Sorry 2 say, i av to disagree.
I'm not one 4 nu-nrg, so Mark EG ,kev energy n sharkey were kindov a disappointment. Billy Bunter shud av really changed his set wen he went to the hardhouse/hardtrance room instead ov playin the same in each!

Oh, n that german bloke, but i suppose germans avn't really got taste in anything.

I agree Sy played a f****n blinder, neckbreaker, ghettoblaster, Elysium!

But n this is a BIG BUT, CODE is the WORST club in the world n i've bin to sum prity shit ones in my time. I knew that it wud b s**t in there as soon as i saw the flyer!
Theres no where to chill, u can't hold a conversation wiv anyone cus its to loud permanently.

All i can say is Thank god 4 Sy, Hixxy n Styles, God Bless them!

IMO

"Where's all the noise, all the girlz, all the boyz"

Oli G
Advanced Member

United States
1,817 posts
Oli G is verified hardcore artist Oli G has donated money to the site Oli G has attended 41 events
Posted - 2002/11/15 :  17:54:51  Show profile View artist profile  Send a private message  Visit Oli G's homepage
heh, codes one of the best clubs this country has to offer, so were fucekd if it is crap then, which it istn but of course its opinion, and obviously i disagree wholey with that but never mind, opinions opinion, but you will see me at the next one
bouncing around

Garage Is where You Keep Your ****in Car
House Is where You Live
Hardcore Is HOW You Live

\o/ <o/ \o> <o> /o\ _o/ \o_

http://www.myspace.com/camelrecords

New EventPost Reply
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 1.39 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page