Email Us!
Username: Password:

Lost password
 Remember my login 

All forums
 Tracks, DJ mixes & release announcements

DJ Spree Summer Anthem's 09 Mix

Printer friendly

All users can post new topics in this forum. All users can reply to topics in this forum

Author Thread  
MC ADB

United States
89 posts
MC ADB has attended 14 events
Posted - 2009/09/01 :  19:41:28  Show profile Send a private message  Visit MC ADB's homepage
DJ Spree the midwest USA originator is back with his latest happycore mix for the end of the summer.

http://www.SpreeAndAdb.com

http://www.spreeandadb.com/music/studio/Spree_-_Studio_Mix_-_Summer_Anthems_2009.mp3
**tracklist removed as per forum rules**

Cheers, ADB

Tel: 402 730 7355

Alert moderator

Edited by - Triquatra on 2009/09/01 19:50:27
Vitalism
Advanced Member

Canada
1,707 posts
Posted - 2009/09/01 :  21:17:36  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Vitalism's homepage
lovin' it already and it's only at 1:00.

Alert moderator Go to top of page
Vitalism
Advanced Member

Canada
1,707 posts
Posted - 2009/09/01 :  21:36:23  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Vitalism's homepage
i actually keep getting some kind of error when i go to download it. it's happened thrice now.

MC ADB

United States
89 posts
MC ADB has attended 14 events
Posted - 2009/09/01 :  22:11:08  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit MC ADB's homepage
Thanks for lettin me know mate, I'll hit Spree up and have him check the servers :)

Tel: 402 730 7355

Brian K
Advanced Member

United States
8,663 posts

528 hardcore releases
Brian K has attended 5 events
Posted - 2009/09/01 :  23:18:13  Show profile  Send a private message
nice! was beginning to wonder if craig was still doing anything these days

Starstruck
Advanced Member

Australia
1,152 posts
Starstruck has attended 5 events
Posted - 2009/09/02 :  01:49:10  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Starstruck's homepage
Heaps sick adrian, thanx for that.. was wondering what you and Craig were up to.

Mix was fantastic , Spree was the DJ who got me into Hardcore, any wonde why, his tracklistings are always superb.

Revs
Advanced Member

Austria
2,583 posts
Revs has attended 13 events
Posted - 2009/09/02 :  09:06:00  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Revs's homepage
Wow this guy seriously has to learn to use an EQ.

I don't understand why everyone loves these kind of mixes, track selection might be good but mixing is awefull :/

Already the transition from the first track to the second is totally.. meh.. what the heck happened to the second track ?? It sounds so low.. Guys go and learn how to use an EQ !!

Brian K
Advanced Member

United States
8,663 posts

528 hardcore releases
Brian K has attended 5 events
Posted - 2009/09/02 :  10:09:46  Show profile  Send a private message
so you judged this whole set just off of two tunes being mixed together?

here's a fun fact you'll find when you play out. sometimes it doesn't matter if you're the most talented person behind the decks, if no one like the songs you're playing no one is going to remember you.

Starstruck
Advanced Member

Australia
1,152 posts
Posted - 2009/09/02 :  10:47:57  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Starstruck's homepage
I think Spree's mixing is not too bad at all .. Sometimes there are alot of factors against the DJ like the sound system etc etc. Regardless , i think Spree has always been a top DJ and very friendly guy, in the en di think that's all that really matters

Revs
Advanced Member

Austria
2,583 posts
Revs has attended 13 events
Posted - 2009/09/02 :  17:54:43  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Revs's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by Brian K:
so you judged this whole set just off of two tunes being mixed together?

here's a fun fact you'll find when you play out. sometimes it doesn't matter if you're the most talented person behind the decks, if no one like the songs you're playing no one is going to remember you.

No, that was just an example.

Dain-Ja
Advanced Member

Canada
1,983 posts
Dain-Ja has attended 11 events
Posted - 2009/09/02 :  18:44:32  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Dain-Ja's homepage
Can't judge this mix yet cause I just started listening...

All I can say is that Summer Anthems 2003 is one of the mixes that inspired me. The mixing was FLAWLESS (including the EQing) and the flow was amazing. Maybe there wasn't any quickmixing/3 deck stuff like I do now but that's not what makes a mix good. The tracklist was absolutely stunning and the mixing was perfect.

I can also say that I listened to the last couple of "Summer Anthems" mixes (2008/2007/2006) and they weren't as tight in terms of tracklistings and mixing but they were alright.

And Revs, the first mix in this set was fine. The gain could've been a bit higher on the second track but who cares...I've heard MUCH worse on the happyhardcore.com radio station.

I have the recording of a set he played in 2003 in my hometown and it was pretty flawless. As you start playing out you'll find that consistency while you're playing on bad setups at raves with no monitors and skipping decks/broken CDJs is a much bigger deal than anything. I don't even play vinyl anymore because at least 50% of the time the turntables skip. I have to rip all the vinyl I buy and remaster it. Pain in the ass. Spree is consistent.

Visit makemeRUSH.com for music from the ONLY North American hardcore label pressing vinyl!

FREE track every Monday: http://www.rushdeliveryrecords.com/?p=229

Starstruck
Advanced Member

Australia
1,152 posts
Posted - 2009/09/03 :  07:20:50  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Starstruck's homepage
I agree with Dain-Ja, Spree was the DJ who got me into Happy Hardcore, i have utmost respect for him as a person aswell as his mixing and especially his specialty, which i beleive are his track listings

New PostPost Reply
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 1.31 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page