Total online 1648
 Radio listeners 154+
Email Us!
Username: Password:

Lost password
 Remember my login 

All forums
 Music discussion - other genre

Your View On The Current Hardstyle Scene?

Printer friendly

All users can post new topics in this forum. All users can reply to topics in this forum

Author Thread  
capone13
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,302 posts
capone13 has donated money to the site
Posted - 2007/03/18 :  19:35:30  Show profile Send a private message
Hey guys,

Not posted on here in ages, hows everyone doing?

For those of you that are into Hardstyle, what's your opinion of the latest stuff just now, good or bad.

A lot of it seems to sound a lot more Hardcoreish in terms of the kicks used, and it's kinda lost it's Hard Trance sound.

I feel a lot of it these days is just sounding too much the same and tracks are becoming too cheesey with daft vocals and melodies, also producers are running out of ideas, and in many ways I miss the old sound as it has changed a lot over the last few years.

Alert moderator
wong
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
2,991 posts
Posted - 2007/03/18 :  20:28:32  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit wong's homepage
im not into hardstyle, i like the hardstyle based makina tho

Alert moderator Go to top of page
capone13
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,302 posts
Posted - 2007/03/18 :  20:31:55  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit capone13's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by wong:
im not into hardstyle, i like the hardstyle based makina tho

Yeah mate, love Makina myself. Some great stuff out at the moment, I need to start getting some vinyl again on the Makina side of things.

bulby_g
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
7,205 posts

430 hardcore releases
bulby_g has attended 55 events
Posted - 2007/03/18 :  21:21:56  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit bulby_g's homepage
Muched prefered the older sound tbh... Too much like slow Nu-style now. Still some good tracks coming out from time to time though.

Chris B
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3,964 posts
Chris B has attended 30 events
Posted - 2007/03/19 :  00:46:55  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Chris B's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by capone13:
Hey guys,

very well jamie mate, good to see you about hope alls good your way

quote:
For those of you that are into Hardstyle, what's your opinion of the latest stuff just now, good or bad.

A lot of it seems to sound a lot more Hardcoreish in terms of the kicks used, and it's kinda lost it's Hard Trance sound.

I feel a lot of it these days is just sounding too much the same and tracks are becoming too cheesey with daft vocals and melodies, also producers are running out of ideas, and in many ways I miss the old sound as it has changed a lot over the last few years.

Totally agree i miss the old bouncy hoovers stuff, dutch and italo it was bangin and a lot more energetic imo than uk hardcore and nu style.

I dont really like nu style gabber and dont like the hardstyle stuff influenced by it.

I think the problem is hardstyles too specific as a genre, as in there isnt enough room for change without it becoming another style.

Nowadays the bouncieer stuff has become more like jumpstyle, which i find lacks something the old hardstyle had. Or it becomes more nu style influenced, which is just plain shit and boring.

But aye the makina and pitched up hardstyle is fun as you like, but still find with hardstyle i like more of the classic hard trance sound. But theres still so much i havent heard or havent got it's alrite for me, but aye if your a hardstyle purist and running out of new tracks right now is a shit time.

Edited by - Chris B on 2007/03/19 00:48:08
Hard2Get
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
12,837 posts
Hard2Get has attended 21 events
Posted - 2007/03/19 :  01:04:50  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Hard2Get's homepage
quote:
Too much like slow Nu-style now

Yeah it's terrible, the only difference is it's even more watered down. I love the older stuff with really phatt basslines and kicks though, really really good stuff :) It's one of my favourite genres when it comes to that stuff.

Chris B
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3,964 posts
Chris B has attended 30 events
Posted - 2007/03/19 :  01:29:27  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Chris B's homepage
Aye the stuff you've shown me Matt is the hardstyle i like, really phat kicks and juno sounds is bouncy as you can get.

Enjoy that hardstyle in a ravin atmosphere also, at the first westfest spent most the night in there couldnt move it was that good

Chris Goldfinger

United Kingdom
311 posts
Posted - 2007/03/19 :  16:40:07  Show profile  Send a private message
The majority of it is pretty poor now, just getting to hard and sounding to much like a constant drone.

Don't get me wrong i still love the music and there is loads of quality hardstyle tracks the only thing now is sifting through the shite to find the good ones.

But hey isn't all styles like that? i do the same with all styles i listen to

I think the real problem is there is so much shite getting pressed on to vinyl these days

capone13
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,302 posts
Posted - 2007/03/19 :  18:41:22  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit capone13's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by Chris B:
quote:
Originally posted by capone13:
Hey guys,

very well jamie mate, good to see you about hope alls good your way

quote:

Totally agree i miss the old bouncy hoovers stuff, dutch and italo it was bangin and a lot more energetic imo than uk hardcore and nu style.

I dont really like nu style gabber and dont like the hardstyle stuff influenced by it.

I think the problem is hardstyles too specific as a genre, as in there isnt enough room for change without it becoming another style.

Nowadays the bouncieer stuff has become more like jumpstyle, which i find lacks something the old hardstyle had. Or it becomes more nu style influenced, which is just plain shit and boring.

But aye the makina and pitched up hardstyle is fun as you like, but still find with hardstyle i like more of the classic hard trance sound. But theres still so much i havent heard or havent got it's alrite for me, but aye if your a hardstyle purist and running out of new tracks right now is a shit time.

Things are all good here mate, good to see you're still about man. When you go back and listen to the older Hardstyle stuff, you can hear the quality, nowadays it's just the same old, same old.

The way it's going with that Jump sound is terrible aswell, just lacks any energy and feel to it, shame really.

New PostPost Reply
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 1.02 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page