Lost password
 Remember my login 
 All forums
 Music discussion - other genre

jump/hardstyle

Printer friendly
Page: 
of 2

All users can post new topics in this forum. All users can reply to topics in this forum

Author Thread  
Project-Industrial
Advanced Member

Netherlands
2,481 posts

33 hardcore releases
Project-Industrial has attended 24 events
Posted - 2005/12/07 :  12:30:30  Show profile Send a private message  Visit Project-Industrial's homepage
of course im ****ing hardcore but also got other styles like jump 'nd hardstyle like it got complete eplosiv car tuning serie also others but not complete.. some ppl over here that like this 2??

http://www.project-industrial.com
http://www.discogs.com/label/Furious+Monkey+Records
http://www.furiousmonkeyrecords.com/

Alert moderator
eLASTIC
Advanced Member

Australia
637 posts
Posted - 2005/12/21 :  11:32:58  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit eLASTIC's homepage
havnt heard of 'jump' but hardstyle's aight
where can i have a listen to this jump style?

Alert moderator Go to top of page
Fishy
Advanced Member

Norway
2,521 posts
Posted - 2005/12/21 :  12:03:38  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Fishy's homepage
nope i hate it... sorry

zippy
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
920 posts
zippy has attended 1 event
Posted - 2005/12/21 :  14:28:34  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit zippy's homepage
i ***** hate jumper!!!

they started replacing makina with jumper in the mixes i get....

arghhhh its pish!!

*stupid tom drum* *stupid tom drum* *stupid tom drum*

hardstyles ok tho....works well on a 3rd deck in lotta mixes...

but jumper.....eghhhhh!!

Knightmare
Advanced Member

Belgium
1,700 posts
Knightmare has attended 4 events
Posted - 2005/12/21 :  18:31:47  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Knightmare's homepage
I dispise both but not cuz i really hate the music, it's just the concept.

hardstyle = gabber sloed down a notch and f*cked up a bit

jump/jumpstyle = newstyle without the party atmosphere that was typical for it

so I'm more against the whole principle of this stuff and even more against how most speed-addicted-E-poppin-liquidguzzling-jumpers and jaded-stuck-up-annoying-little-hardstyle-bitches act toward hardcore in general (especially gabber). They act like it's all that much better what they're playing but most of their shit is completely ripped from oldskool gabber trax! they **** em up n call it new...

I hate it... with a vengeance...

95_was_the_time
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,285 posts
Posted - 2005/12/22 :  00:24:56  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit 95_was_the_time's homepage
this genres thing right now is getting silly, last month I was told hardstyle was a type of hard-trance ....... ??? pfffft

also 'nu style gabber' <<<< a bit OLD now I think haha

Project-Industrial
Advanced Member

Netherlands
2,481 posts

33 hardcore releases
Posted - 2005/12/22 :  10:57:46  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Project-Industrial's homepage
if you guys know the combination of hardcore and hapy hardcore then you know what jumpstyle its kind of happy side of hardstyle

Chris B
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3,964 posts
Chris B has attended 30 events
Posted - 2005/12/22 :  14:24:13  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Chris B's homepage
I like some jumper a lot especially older bolo + uri style from bout 01/02. Defo get what you mean about happier side cos it is defo that.

Hardstyle producers are mainly gabba producers also and it's very similar riffs to old gabba, but cos of the speed it gets mixed with hard trance. Hardstyles cool imo some of it's very melodic and bouncy and have to say in uk anyway the ravers are safe as, i pitch up the more agressive sampled ones over hardcore and it can be used as a base in 3 deck mixes this way. Tbh though i prefer hearin it at the normal speed now on it's own jus cos is perfect stompin music. Problem is though with hardstyle is it's quite a confined genre so it can get a bit reptitive after a while.

Neither hold anything compared to gabba which is jus the tits, the more i've looked into the new dutch hardcore the more i think i've been wastin my money on spanish and uk the last couple years. But f**k it you live you learn and i do still love my vinyls jus need a LOT more real hardcore.

Project-Industrial
Advanced Member

Netherlands
2,481 posts

33 hardcore releases
Posted - 2005/12/22 :  17:22:34  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Project-Industrial's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by Baldo:
I like some jumper a lot especially older bolo + uri style from bout 01/02. Defo get what you mean about happier side cos it is defo that.

Hardstyle producers are mainly gabba producers also and it's very similar riffs to old gabba, but cos of the speed it gets mixed with hard trance. Hardstyles cool imo some of it's very melodic and bouncy and have to say in uk anyway the ravers are safe as, i pitch up the more agressive sampled ones over hardcore and it can be used as a base in 3 deck mixes this way. Tbh though i prefer hearin it at the normal speed now on it's own jus cos is perfect stompin music. Problem is though with hardstyle is it's quite a confined genre so it can get a bit reptitive after a while.

Neither hold anything compared to gabba which is jus the tits, the more i've looked into the new dutch hardcore the more i think i've been wastin my money on spanish and uk the last couple years. But f**k it you live you learn and i do still love my vinyls jus need a LOT more real hardcore.

so you mean dutch hardcore ain't good :S wtf.. we dutch people are the hardest :P

Chris B
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3,964 posts
Posted - 2005/12/22 :  17:33:21  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Chris B's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by dj bugbear:
so you mean dutch hardcore ain't good :S wtf.. we dutch people are the hardest :P

sorry mate you misunderstood me totally i was saying dutch hardcores the best and i've been wasting my money on spanish and uk the last while.

You dutch defo do it best for trance, hardcore, raves and weed.

Respect holland

Project-Industrial
Advanced Member

Netherlands
2,481 posts

33 hardcore releases
Posted - 2005/12/22 :  17:49:51  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Project-Industrial's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by Baldo:
quote:
Originally posted by dj bugbear:

sorry mate you misunderstood me totally i was saying dutch hardcores the best and i've been wasting my money on spanish and uk the last while.

Respect holland

ok srry :D but ya damned right proud 2 be dutch :D

Chris B
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3,964 posts
Posted - 2005/12/22 :  17:53:09  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Chris B's homepage
^^ ^^ I no i would be mate i love coming to raves in your country, promoters put so much more money and effort into everything it's the way raving should be.

Evel
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
604 posts
Posted - 2005/12/26 :  11:48:53  Show profile  Send a private message

Respect holland
[/quote]

Paul Elstak used to make some of the best hardcore around ten years ago, more 'new skool gabba' now but he used some of the best kickdrum beats i have ever heard, and he relesed stuff into the charts but kept his hardcore mixes very 'hardcore' compared to todays hardcore mixes of chart tracks (like the hardcore mix of heartbeats by Styles and Breeze is only trance on fastforwads IMO)

Knightmare
Advanced Member

Belgium
1,700 posts
Posted - 2005/12/26 :  13:27:22  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Knightmare's homepage
paul nowadays sucks serious arse man :s

respect for the older stuff but now... nah man... no good...

Chris B
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3,964 posts
Posted - 2005/12/26 :  17:32:16  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Chris B's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by Evel:
Paul Elstak used to make some of the best hardcore around ten years ago, more 'new skool gabba' now but he used some of the best kickdrum beats i have ever heard, and he relesed stuff into the charts but kept his hardcore mixes very 'hardcore' compared to todays hardcore mixes of chart tracks (like the hardcore mix of heartbeats by Styles and Breeze is only trance on fastforwads IMO)

Explore gabba evel anno it aint as much happy as back in the day, but theres still plenty of tracks with melody and even some vocal tracks with good dutch style kicks behind them getting made.

Knightmare i need you to give me an education in gabba, you seem to have very good taste and incredible knowledge. I came from listening to ravey dutch hardcore from mid 90's which i still love, but just need more variety and darker styles aswell. Breakcore i've heard sounds really good and i'm doing as much research as i can myself which is goin well, jus could do with few pointers on what i've missed in last few years.

Knightmare
Advanced Member

Belgium
1,700 posts
Posted - 2005/12/27 :  11:59:40  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Knightmare's homepage
well, to be honest, as of late I've sort of taken a bit of distance towards the whole mainstream dutch gabber scene because imo 90% of what's being released isn't worth listening (examples: korsakoff, dj paul, some of tieum's stuff ...).
Anyway, if you really want it dark I'd advise you to do like me and just go underground and to the more non-mainstream-orientated labels. In most cases you'll end up a labels which focus on industrial hardcore (industial movement, DNA), underground hardcore (Bloc46, B.E.A.S.T., audiogenic, psychic genocide, epileptik), terror/speedcore (strike, shit & noize art, hong kong violence), darkcore (genosha, enzyme), doomcore (black monolith, crossbones) and breakcore (tigerbeat_6, thorntree, ketacore, Wood, Very friendly).

this stuff is all a bit off he beaten track and should provide some nice variation for you.

as for the 90's rave-ish hardcore, well, that (to me) will always be the only true hardcore. Core like it's supposed to be without all the "I'm the hardest, darkest, coolest, yadayadayada". no BS, just party :p

need more info, just pm me :)

edited with some labels.

Edited by - Knightmare on 2005/12/27 12:02:38

New PostPost Reply
Topic is 2 pages long: 1  2
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 1.56 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page