Email Us!
Username: Password:

Lost password
 Remember my login 

All forums
 Music discussion - other genre

Progressive House (Is so grouse!)

Printer friendly

All users can post new topics in this forum. All users can reply to topics in this forum

Author Thread  
Heist
Advanced Member

Australia
706 posts
Posted - 2002/01/27 :  22:32:45  Show profile Send a private message
Does anyone here like progressive house and how like, it shits all over cheesetrance. Im talking about bedrock records, Hooj Choons, Starecase, Sander Kleinenberg etc...

While im on the topic, what about techno/tech house? Is anyone into Umek, Ben Sims, Trevor Rockliffe, Devilfish, AMbassador, Dave Clarke?

www.mp3.com/djheist

Alert moderator
DJ Pathfinder
Advanced Member

Netherlands
1,676 posts

51 hardcore releases
Posted - 2002/01/28 :  02:33:07  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit DJ Pathfinder's homepage
i also dont like progressive or most of it star guitar of chemichal is cool.

yeah i like techno derrick may ,kevin sauderson & dave clarke but that i have mentioned many times before.

You can't see me,because i am the future.

Alert moderator Go to top of page
Tyrant
Average Member

Canada
239 posts
Posted - 2002/01/28 :  05:34:03  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Tyrant's homepage
i challenge anyone to listen to Digweed's Bedrock double CD and tell me that it's not amazing.

one of the best dj mixes i've ever heard. amazing deep progressive tracks and smooooth mixing.

progressive takes heat from people because it's not as obvious as something like trance. It's still nice though

History will be kind to me, for I intend to write it -- Sir Winston Churchill

DJ Mouse
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
2,687 posts
DJ Mouse has attended 1 event
Posted - 2002/01/28 :  06:23:07  Show profile  Send a private message
i love progressive and prog house.
techno's cool too

--------------------------------------------------
DJ Mouse In Da House!!!
http://clubstation.esmartmusic.com

Lixx
Advanced Member

United States
1,338 posts

288 hardcore releases
Lixx has attended 1 event
Posted - 2002/01/28 :  11:30:58  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Lixx's homepage
I used to be a nut for progressive. I own half of all the Global Underground releases properly (including the Nubreed series) and the rest are on my computer. More recently I've gotten into breaks like the y3k and y4k series and adam freeland's "on tour" and "coastal breaks". My favorite prog cd is probably Sasha & Digweed - Communication cause I can't get bored of it; second would be Sasha GU Ibiza (cd1 especially) and GU San Francisco (cd2). If you want dark and trippy find Anthony Pappa's Nubreed cd. Oh, another good cd that's more progressive trance is Max Graham Transport 4, especially cd2. Damn I could go on forever. Since hardly any hhc cds come out I buy a lot of prog and breaks as you can tell. Check em out
-Lixx

sammypoohuk

United Kingdom
387 posts

6 hardcore releases
Posted - 2002/01/28 :  11:52:20  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit sammypoohuk's homepage
I luv hard house and funky house even tho i think they r different from prog house

SaMmY

Edited by - sammypoohuk on 2002/01/28 11:53:39
DJ Mouse
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
2,687 posts
DJ Mouse has attended 1 event
Posted - 2002/01/28 :  12:25:30  Show profile  Send a private message
i was speaking to a hard house dj and he said hard house is on it's way out,there's lots of energy in the tracks but they're all sounding the same and ppl are getting bored of it. he thinks funky house is gonna be the next big thing. i like them both but yeh i'm getting bored of hard house now too

--------------------------------------------------
DJ Mouse In Da House!!!
http://clubstation.esmartmusic.com

Midway_raver
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,032 posts
Midway_raver has attended 2 events
Posted - 2002/01/28 :  12:29:29  Show profile  Send a private message
If im stoned i can listen to it n apreciate if not it just anoys me dunno why? In a club it ios fine too i can danc ene njoy myself to it but i can also do that well to hard hous ebut i cnt listen to it when im @ hoem liek i can happy hardcore, when it aint live it seems liek the mix cd is just chuggin along.......or maybe thats just hard house all over i dunno, Trance seems ok when ive been dancing for ages to, it really make sme buzz but agen @ hoem i hate it:( dunno i find it quite starnge really:O maybe i shud c a muzik dokta to give me a cure, oh hold up i think he has HAPPY HARDCORE:) woah gone way offf topic sorry

go too the flow where the E wil rush me ooooooohhh Rush me.....e rush me...go to the flow where the e will rush me..rush me nicely.

Heist
Advanced Member

Australia
706 posts
Posted - 2002/01/28 :  14:37:22  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Heist's homepage
Hard House is cheap rush poo. Its for speeders who dont want their music to go anywhere, just build up break down build up break down build up break down....Oh look theres a hoover!....build up break down build up break down Aaaaaaaargh!

Pathfinder: Star Guitar is house.

Im getting sick of breaks, Brisbane is a breaks town and with so much of the gimmicky plump djs rips coming out theres little room for the true quality like ashtrax, hybrid, NuBreed (The group from Melbourne not the cd), Tipper etc...

Funky House is done already man, tech/prog is already taking over hard house cause most of them are realising that Tony DeVit has been dead for quite some time now...

www.mp3.com/djheist

WWW.VOIDDJ.COM

Mixes, Original Tracks & Remixes, Hardcore Event/Music Reviews, Pics and more...

silver
Admin

Japan
12,562 posts

894 hardcore releases
silver is verified hardcore artist silver is a site donation subscriber silver has attended 108 events
Posted - 2002/01/28 :  15:35:53  Show profile View artist profile  Send a private message  Visit silver's homepage
Funky house was only popular IMO in Australia, the rest of the "house" world listens to American House, Hard house or Epic Trance.

Note: I can not stand funky house, it drives me crazy!

----------------------------------
you, me and hardcore forever.

Oli G
Advanced Member

United States
1,817 posts
Oli G is verified hardcore artist Oli G has donated money to the site Oli G has attended 41 events
Posted - 2002/01/29 :  00:36:38  Show profile View artist profile  Send a private message  Visit Oli G's homepage
quote:
i was speaking to a hard house dj and he said hard house is on it's way out,there's lots of energy in the tracks but they're all sounding the same and ppl are getting bored of it. he thinks funky house is gonna be the next big thing. i like them both but yeh i'm getting bored of hard house now too

Yeah hardhouse is on its way out... i know that as its all shite thats commin out now

but Funky house is a bigger pile of shite :D

\o/ <o/ \o> <o> /o\ _o/ \o_

http://www.myspace.com/camelrecords

DJ Pathfinder
Advanced Member

Netherlands
1,676 posts

51 hardcore releases
Posted - 2002/01/29 :  02:17:59  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit DJ Pathfinder's homepage
Deep house!!!!

You can't see me,because i am the future.

Tyrant
Average Member

Canada
239 posts
Posted - 2002/01/29 :  12:40:35  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Tyrant's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by Lixx:
If you want dark and trippy find Anthony Pappa's Nubreed cd.
-Lixx

hey Lixx... try to find Anthony Pappa - Live at Renaissance. i don't think it was ever on cd, but someone had the good sense to put this live mix on Napster back in the day. without a doubt one of the BEST dj mixes i've EVER heard... if you can't find it let me know and i'll put it online for u

Sasha+Digweed's Communicate is good as well, though i think their Northern Exposure III double cd is better. Communicate really is a lot closer to where progressive house is now... less trance influence- dark and deep.

History will be kind to me, for I intend to write it -- Sir Winston Churchill

Lusive
Average Member

Australia
151 posts
Posted - 2002/01/29 :  19:17:52  Show profile  Send a private message
Progressive rocks in general but i like my deeper stuff.. Not to mention my catatonic enthusiasm towards progressive breaks. I must admit that anthony pappa cd (nubreed) was great but you should all check out some of the mixes hybrid does.. and if you can get a hold of some phil k mix sets (australian dj.. part of Hi-fi bugs)

Techno being not far behind.. Love that grungy droning driving stuff.. same or better energy that hard house creates but its done SO much better and its SO not mainstream money-driven ********.

| A good way to threaten somebody is to light a stick of dynamite. Then you call the guy and hold the burning fuse up to the phone. "Hear that?" you say. "That's dynamite, baby." -Jack Handy |

NightSoul
Average Member

United Kingdom
238 posts
Posted - 2002/01/29 :  23:10:36  Show profile  Send a private message
Deep Vocal House

dance till the police come

Heist
Advanced Member

Australia
706 posts
Posted - 2002/02/08 :  03:52:02  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Heist's homepage
Bwaaar! At least im not a futureshock bunny like all the prog DJ's in brisbane (nothing wrong with them just not every song in a set has to be by them)

Breaks is too gimicky, Prog breaks much better...!

www.mp3.com/djheist

WWW.VOIDDJ.COM

Mixes, Original Tracks & Remixes, Hardcore Event/Music Reviews, Pics and more...

New PostPost Reply
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 1.86 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page