Email Us!
Username: Password:

Lost password
 Remember my login 

All forums
 Events: Rest of the world

WHERE'S THE E (around NYC)?

Printer friendly

Only administrators or moderators can post new topics in this forum. All users can reply to topics in this forum

Author Thread  
jordi
Starting Member

United States
1 post
Posted - 2001/09/03 :  11:36:12  Show profile Send a private message
(did I just seriously date myself? "Where's the Beef?" was a Wendys promo that became a big catchphraze. It's the 1981 version of WAZZZAAAAAPPP!)

I'm pretty much new to everything. Now that my roommate got me all into HHC, I find the raves, ticket outlets, and even recordings are impossible to find in the NYC metro area. Maybe I just haven't looked hard enough.

There used to be this store on 9th st in the east village that sold tix all kinds of events and all types of electronic CDs - including a Hardcore section. Of course, this is back when I had first heard of DnB.

Now, go anywhere and ask about HHC and they treat you like you're Kathy Lee Gifford or something. Either they haven't heard of it, or they're disgusted that you dared ask about such a subject.

A few stores sell tix, but it's all trancey stuff. That's fine, but where's the HC for the ravers?

With CDs or vinyl, you're more common to find it crammed into the "electronic" or "trance" sections of Sam Goody or Coconuts. Go to an "eclectic" store here and they're all "oh, if it's not on Rephlix or Matador or Astralwerks, why would I care."

Do you have any sources or info or whatever about East Coast HHC?

Please please please, let me know.

Peace Props and Prozac

j

Alert moderator
virus
Advanced Member

Canada
4,346 posts

716 hardcore releases
virus has attended 41 events
Posted - 2001/09/03 :  15:05:34  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit virus's homepage
yea, i've heard most new york kids aren't too receptive of happy hardcore...

adam

Alert moderator Go to top of page
silver
Admin

Japan
12,560 posts

894 hardcore releases
silver is verified hardcore artist silver is a site donation subscriber silver has attended 108 events
Posted - 2001/09/03 :  21:25:42  Show profile View artist profile  Send a private message  Visit silver's homepage
If you can't find it make it yourself, I recommend doing parties yourself, make your own scene!

aznwasian

United States
428 posts
Posted - 2001/09/03 :  22:26:13  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit aznwasian's homepage
You look back at your life accomplishment... I invented the NYC HHC scene...

¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸aZnWaSiAn¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯
-I can't stop raving...

V-Dawg
Starting Member

United States
2 posts
Posted - 2002/05/21 :  12:27:28  Show profile  Send a private message
If u want good rave music and ur in NY, the only place ive found it is online. Downbload a whole bunch of stuff and throw it on cd.

milo
Advanced Member

Canada
3,391 posts

347 hardcore releases
milo is verified hardcore artist milo has attended 89 events
Posted - 2002/05/22 :  14:35:22  Show profile View artist profile  Send a private message  Visit milo's homepage
actually a lot of people (who aren't like the preps and go with the trends) are quite open to it i find (atleast in central/upstate new york). but as far as buying it, the tradition music stores probably stock the h2bh chapters, but as far as tapes and vinyl you'd need to goto atleast rochester for that.

"It's all good..."

Oli G
Advanced Member

United States
1,817 posts
Oli G is verified hardcore artist Oli G has donated money to the site Oli G has attended 41 events
Posted - 2002/05/23 :  02:30:36  Show profile View artist profile  Send a private message  Visit Oli G's homepage
when there are any NYC raves tell me
and book me :)
i come over to NY frequently to visit my dad.. so ill play fer free \o/

Garage Is where You Keep Your ****in Car
House Is where You Live
Hardcore Is HOW You Live

\o/ <o/ \o> <o> /o\ _o/ \o_

http://www.myspace.com/camelrecords

miss-mitzi
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
608 posts

55 hardcore releases
Posted - 2002/05/23 :  03:05:58  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit miss-mitzi's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by silver:
If you can't find it make it yourself, I recommend doing parties yourself, make your own scene!

i agree totally silver i may just do that......

oh i already have!!!!

If computer games effected us as kids, we would all be runnin around in dark rooms munchin magic pills and listenin to repetative music!

New EventPost Reply
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 1.27 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page