Email Us!
Username: Password:

Lost password
 Remember my login 

All forums
 General discussion

The Rave and Club Scene

Printer friendly

All users can post new topics in this forum. All users can reply to topics in this forum

Author Thread  
Cassandra
Starting Member

Canada
2 posts
Posted - 2001/08/20 :  15:16:44  Show profile Send a private message

I am new to this wholte rave techno and all that fun stuff that goes along with it. I havent heard many dj's but I have listen to groups like crystal method and uberzon(Sp?). But my boyfriend has been slowly getting me into the music and scene. But I am still unsure about going to a rave, just because of all the stuff I have heard. So if you could please share some rave or even club experiences so maybe I will get a better idea that would be wonderful.

Peace, Love &Hope

Alert moderator
scifijungle
Banned

Australia
7 posts
Posted - 2001/08/22 :  00:02:02  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit scifijungle's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by Cassandra:

I am new to this wholte rave techno and all that fun stuff that goes along with it. I havent heard many dj's but I have listen to groups like crystal method and uberzon(Sp?). But my boyfriend has been slowly getting me into the music and scene. But I am still unsure about going to a rave, just because of all the stuff I have heard. So if you could please share some rave or even club experiences so maybe I will get a better idea that would be wonderful.

Peace, Love &Hope

WOw...my have u got a long way to go!! Let me introduce myself.. I started up in Happycore in the early 95's when the Jungle/Oldskool Hardcore scene was just about Dying (it had peaked in 92-94) and I just love the musik after dat and wo! non-stop listening to Happycore ... so if u're new to the scene , Buy Some CD's /tapes/whatever of Happycore like :

- Bonkers!
- Happy 2B Hardcore Chapters 1-? by Anabolic Frolic
- Helter Skelter
- Happy Hardcore Series 1-? by Cencore productions
- all the "HappyHard" labels from CEntral Station Records, etc...

any questions ask me or Dj Silver Happy Listening to Happycore!!
-

I'm gone sending you outer space...to find another race...

Alert moderator Go to top of page
Skeenip
Average Member

Australia
228 posts
Skeenip has attended 1 event
Posted - 2001/08/22 :  01:58:43  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Skeenip's homepage
I to was unsure about going to a rave, when a bunch of friends asked me to come, but following my moto of "i'll try anything once" (within reason of course ) I said to em hell why not. Now i think
Raving was the best thing that ever happened in my life thus far! Whenever I go to a rave I forget about all my troubles and for that time I just feel happy. I find it hard to explain, you have to pretty much experience it to know what it is all about.

"...Will there ever come a day, when I can turn around and say, It's alright now..."

jenny

United Kingdom
44 posts
Posted - 2001/08/22 :  13:07:40  Show profile  Send a private message
Hi Cassandra

I used to think the same as you! I started listening to hhc in 96/97 it was my boyfriend who converted me as well, 'thank you' anyway he always used to tell me about the raves hes been to but i was always worried about going to one, he finally got me to go, it was 03/09/99 Slammin Vinyl and it was one of the best experinces of my life. Everyone was really friendly, people you didnt even know would offer you water have chats about anything with ya and even show you how to dance if you wernt to sure.

Many people slag off ravers coz they think that everyone who raves are pill heads causing trouble, from my experience every rave i have been to so far there hasnt been any attitude, i dont even know what i was worried about. You'll find that most of the people who slag off raving have never actually been to one.

So dont be unsure, go to a rave with your boyfriend, i promise that you'll enjoy it especially when your with the person you love, its a buzz.

And if you dont like it, ill buy you a ticket to england and you can personally av a go at me.

Jen

Happy Hardcore Forever

Edited by - jenny on 23 Aug 2001 13:45:34

kandEbear420

United States
29 posts
Posted - 2001/08/24 :  17:27:42  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit kandEbear420's homepage
hey you :) its good to see someone asking about things before they just jump right in... you might have seen some of the TV programs on raves and newspapers and all that... most of them have it all wrong... we are not all pillheads or crack whores or anything liek that... true there are your occasional bad ppl at raves but 99% of us are very nice and kind... i am a kande kid... i love to pass out sukkers and gum and all thast good stuff to ppl... even outside of raves... ive found that ravers are one of the most accepting subcultures (or whatever you wanna kall it) that is out there... so i sujest that you DO go to a par-tay wid your b/f and see what its liek ... i think youll like it very much....
much love and support
_-*-_ AMi _-*-_

alice...? who the fuk is alice? ::dum dum dum dum::

Carrie
Starting Member

United States
4 posts
Posted - 2001/08/25 :  12:10:05  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Carrie's homepage
[quote]Originally posted by Skeenip:

i think
Raving was the best thing that ever happened in my life thus far! Whenever I go to a rave I forget about all my troubles and for that time I just feel happy.

quote]
nicely put. that is exactly how i feel, i understand ya. :)

the smiling face of HaPpY HaRdCoRe

New PostPost Reply
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 0.89 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page