Email Us!
Username: Password:

Lost password
 Remember my login 

All forums
 Events: Rest of the world

SV NYE

Printer friendly

Only administrators or moderators can post new topics in this forum. All users can reply to topics in this forum

Author Thread  
rezzna

United Kingdom
283 posts
Posted - 2003/01/02 :  06:26:06  Show profile Send a private message
well i thought it was pure class. To open with Breeze was an inspired decision, got everyone goin nice an early. Shame that the sound was so shit before 12ish, he played you're shining (one of my favourite choons) an i cud barely tell what it was till the first breakdown kicked in. Slipmatt set was ****in awesome, Ratpack was a surprise, an a welcome one at that, however i know a few people felt it was a bit badly timed, a bit slow for the peak hours maybe. devastate played a shockingly good set (THATS HOW FAST HARDCORE SHOULD BE PLAYED!!! COME ON YOU LAZY BASTARD DJ'S!!!) an it did well considering no Scott Brown. Dougal played a wicked set, representing more than just EP (always a good thing to see). Nice to hear plenty of new choons bein played, but breeze&styles was a bit overplayed, i think they're ****in amazing but the same choon up to four times in one night, bit excessive, especially when they got so many stompers. same goes for the heart of gold new mix (which i dont like anyway)

but as with any event bad does come with good. what a shame the new d'n'b lot have brought about a new vibe, one of attitude, aggression anmd some sort of primal, animal like need for a feeling of power. and cuz of the sell-out (if not then almost sell-out) ticket sales, sanctuary had nowhere near enuff room for em all so the leftovers moved onto fastrack, pissed off an lookin for trouble. aswell as that, my second rave, and my second time gettin skanked with lil white tings. by 1 i was so shattered i cud barely dance, but luckily i found 1 1/2 decent bits an a bit of base to keep me goin till the end.

overall, any place where 85% of the 3-4,000 odd people in one room while shake ur hand, hug u an wish u a happy new year and really mean it is worth it. i hope for all our sakes that d'n'b gets itself out of this rut an stops screwin up our hardcore, cuz if one goes down then it takin the other with it.

BRING ON HARDCORE HEAVEN!!

p:s if anyone knows how the person hu collapsed is doin id appreciate knowing, i think everyone in there felt a bit sick when it happened, an i hope theyll be up an raving again in no time.

p:p:s: if anyone from Northampton, Wellingborough or Rushden is planning on goin Hardcore Heaven, let us know cuz my lot have a tendency to decide they aint goin at the last minute, leavin jus 2 of us goin, plus hardcore ravers should stick together.

BIG UP SPUN-OUT, KEEPING HARDCORE ALIVE IN NORTHAMPTON!!

Alert moderator
number2301

Virgin Islands (US)
408 posts
Posted - 2003/01/02 :  06:59:13  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit number2301's homepage
Wikid night mate :)

I think I heard Storm say the person who collapsed was alright so its all good :) !!!

-------------------------
Number 2301 is godverdomme het HARDSTE!

'Living in my world is easy, there is only peace, love and ... ecstacy'

Alert moderator Go to top of page
atomicb
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
621 posts

60 hardcore releases
Posted - 2003/01/02 :  07:19:38  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit atomicb's homepage
I was working there than night, and the guy that collapsed was fine!

and number 2301 if you have one of those bright jackets with 2301 on it I saw ure back :P haha

CandyAss

United States
471 posts
Posted - 2003/01/03 :  18:55:10  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit CandyAss's homepage
Devastate was there? What time did he go on at?

What do you mean by the new jungle crowd? I thought they were all pretty nice and cool. If you think they're asses you should meet the "junglists" in Dallas. Some are cool and my friends, but a good lot of them just have a shit attitude. At least the people around you are committed to the music.

I'll agree with you on the Heart of Gold point. I think I heard it about 3 or 4 times, but oh well, there were a lot of badass tunes dropped. The vibe was definitely in the right place.

2301: I looked for your jacket, but I didn't see you. Maybe next time. Wish I could go to Hardcore Heaven, but you know, costs a lot crossing the pond to go to a rave.

CandyAss
Drew
http://www.valence2000.com
http://www.hardcorps.org

http://www.hardcorps.org

rezzna

United Kingdom
283 posts
Posted - 2003/01/04 :  04:39:25  Show profile  Send a private message
im pretty sure he did a B2B wit robbie long, i asked a cuppla ppl an they thought so, praps i was wrong, twas bout 2 i think. my point wit the junglist crowd is basically the same wit alot of tings, a minority tryin t ruin sumat for the majority. alot of em were really nice ppl but some of em wernt, an i dont have time for ppl that arnt nice. probly more t do wit me bein a paranoid idiot, but my experience has been if they got tracksuits tucked in their socks then its best t stay away, its been that way since i was 14, this time next year ill b betta :0)

number2301

Virgin Islands (US)
408 posts
Posted - 2003/01/04 :  05:55:39  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit number2301's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by atomicb:
I was working there than night, and the guy that collapsed was fine!

and number 2301 if you have one of those bright jackets with 2301 on it I saw ure back :P haha

Yeah mate I had one on :) , didn't someone say on USH that you was behind the counter at the entrance with a grey hoodie on? If so I saw you too :)

Robbie Long and Devastate did do a b2b at about 2/3/4 I'm not sure. Sometime around then and it was an amazing set!!!! :D

-------------------------
Number 2301 is godverdomme het HARDSTE!

'Living in my world is easy, there is only peace, love and ... ecstacy'

New EventPost Reply
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 0.92 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page