Email Us!
Username: Password:

Lost password
 Remember my login 

All forums
 Tracks, DJ mixes & release announcements

Breakbeat Bonanza II

Printer friendly

All users can post new topics in this forum. All users can reply to topics in this forum

Author Thread  
Faz

United Kingdom
29 posts
Posted - 2010/03/05 :  10:27:41  Show profile Send a private message  Visit Faz's homepage
Breakbeat Bonanza II

Tracklist: Is on the Soundcloud link below.

Genre: Hardcore Breaks & D&B
Time: 1:29:59
Quality: 192Mbps
Size: 123MB

Soundcloud Link: CLICK ME!

Again, theres some classics and the odd newer bit but this time theres a bit more Drum & Bass due to the lack of Hardcore
Breaks getting released. Theres some great producers making it but its just taking forever for the tracks to see the light
of day. Which is a shame as for me, Hardcore Breaks has completely become my favorite over Hardcore, UK Hardcore and Freeform.

Breakbeat Bonanza I is now on Soundcloud so can be streamed or downloaded from there.

I wouldnt mind getting another mix done soon. I found loads of older stuff so as soon as Ponder, Wizbit, Entity & Darwin get stuff
released then I want to do another mix.

Anyway, let me know what you think of it...

Alert moderator
JayHH86
Advanced Member

Vietnam
1,400 posts
Posted - 2010/03/05 :  10:51:32  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit JayHH86's homepage
Hey Faz!

I'll give your mix a listen shortly. Plenty of time to kill in the office today!

I've also recently started to take an interest in hardcore breaks. Not an 'active' interest as such, more of a "Mmm, mental note - must look into this more closely sometime soon" interest.

Anyways, there's a really modest selection available on IMO, and I'd like to sample/buy some more. Can you recommend some decent download stores for me to have a look please man?

Alert moderator Go to top of page
Revs
Advanced Member

Austria
2,583 posts
Revs has attended 13 events
Posted - 2010/03/05 :  11:17:57  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Revs's homepage
Actually it's Breakbeat Hardcore, Hardcore Breaks is much slower ..

JayHH86
Advanced Member

Vietnam
1,400 posts
Posted - 2010/03/05 :  11:24:38  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit JayHH86's homepage
I see.

So at what speeds are these two different genres typically played? I need to learn!

Revs
Advanced Member

Austria
2,583 posts
Posted - 2010/03/05 :  11:55:49  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Revs's homepage
Hardcore Breaks = 140 BPM

Breakbeat Hardcore = 170 BPM ;)

JayHH86
Advanced Member

Vietnam
1,400 posts
Posted - 2010/03/05 :  12:01:23  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit JayHH86's homepage
140! Yuk!

Is there a chance that download stores will label a part of their website as "hardcore breaks" but it's actually breakbeat hardcore?

Revs
Advanced Member

Austria
2,583 posts
Posted - 2010/03/05 :  12:19:59  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Revs's homepage
Yeah, that happened to me quite a lot, and it sucks.. There are Labels that release Breakbeat Hardcore and Hardcore Breaks together. Some months ago I bought tunes and didn't notice some of them were slower, so I had to timestretch them. Now when I buy songs I'm always carefull and always check if it's Breakbeat Hardcore or Hardcore Breaks. However sometimes, Hardcore Breaks can be really good so I just timestretch it.

JayHH86
Advanced Member

Vietnam
1,400 posts
Posted - 2010/03/05 :  12:26:15  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit JayHH86's homepage
Right, cool. I'll be sure to be careful!

Where do you buy your tracks from man?

Revs
Advanced Member

Austria
2,583 posts
Posted - 2010/03/05 :  12:53:07  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Revs's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by JayHH86:
Right, cool. I'll be sure to be careful!

Where do you buy your tracks from man?

All kinds of sites like Trackitdown, JunoDownload, ImoDownload, CLSM Store.. or, like most of the time when it comes to Breakbeat Hardcore, from the produer himself! Breakbeat Hardcore is my primary mixing genre :) But I also mix other stuff..

Faz

United Kingdom
29 posts
Posted - 2010/03/05 :  12:56:29  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Faz's homepage
Whoops, Im useless with genre names. I thought the 140bpm stuff Rave Breaks.

iTunes have some good bits from Reese too.

Hope you like the mix, I & II are up so if theres anything you like on them then let me know and I'll tell you what label its out on and if its out on vinyl or digital.

JayHH86
Advanced Member

Vietnam
1,400 posts
Posted - 2010/03/05 :  13:14:32  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit JayHH86's homepage
Cool, cheers man.

I'm listening as we speak! I'm enjoying it a lot. Really like Darwin - Promise Me. Available digitally?

In terms of technical criticism of the mix, I can't really offer much at all. Complete noob with the breaks stuff, so my ear isn't trained accordingly.

Only thing I can really think of so far (I'm about 30 minutes in at the moment) is the mix of I Remember into Sen 'Em To Hell. As it's coming in, the vocal end of I Remember is a little clashy with the next track's intro. At around 19.25.

Other than, I'm massively enjoying it, and the mixing sounds perfect.

Faz

United Kingdom
29 posts
Posted - 2010/03/05 :  14:11:24  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Faz's homepage
Thanks mate.

The Darwin track is on digital download, IMO & TID should have it. It was released on Nuleauz.

New PostPost Reply
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 1.33 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page