of 2

Author Thread  
Mortis
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
7,493 posts

341 hardcore releases
Mortis has donated money to the site Mortis has attended 7 events
Posted - 2009/10/03 :  21:25:22  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Mortis's homepage  Reply with quote
Thanks for all the positive feedback guys. I'm really happy that people still like this type of music, if you ask me this is what direction hardcore needs to start heading in some ways. Nice sounds, originality from track to track, the energy, the euphoria - all of which are missing from most hardcore releases at the moment (and have been for some time).

I hope people start to get on the break beat band wagon

And Catjam, I'll have a look for that CD cheers!

Alert moderator Go to top of page
Audio Warfare
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3,047 posts
Audio Warfare has attended 19 events
Posted - 2009/10/04 :  13:50:30  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Audio Warfare's homepage  Reply with quote
Really nice mix mate, loved it. 8)

Mortis
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
7,493 posts

341 hardcore releases
Posted - 2009/10/04 :  14:40:31  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Mortis's homepage  Reply with quote

Mortis
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
7,493 posts

341 hardcore releases
Posted - 2009/10/04 :  23:42:54  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Mortis's homepage  Reply with quote
Tracklist now available: http://www25.zippyshare.com/v/81891470/file.html

I had a feeling I played the same track twice but wasn't sure. It wasn't until I done this that I confirmed it

Edited by - Mortis on 2009/10/07 19:51:31
snerkler

United Kingdom
452 posts
Posted - 2009/10/07 :  18:15:35  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit snerkler's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Mortis:
Thanks for all the positive feedback guys. I'm really happy that people still like this type of music, if you ask me this is what direction hardcore needs to start heading in some ways. Nice sounds, originality from track to track, the energy, the euphoria - all of which are missing from most hardcore releases at the moment (and have been for some time).

I've been trying to push the oldschool thing for a while now but felt like I was neeting opposition at every corner.
Have I understood this right, these are all new tracks done in the oldschool sound? Or are they just new tracks to you?
I must admit I've only skimmed through it so far, I'm going to burn it onto a CD and put it in my car to listen to it properly. I have to say from the little bits I've heard it sounds like proper music. I would definately support a shift in this direction. I might even dig out the old Hi-Viz vest and do all nighters again ;-)
I'll give better feedback later when I've listened to it properly. Loving the last tune though :-)

Can I hijack this post and post the couple of oldschool mixes I did? Posted em on the forum before, so some will already have em anyway.
I have to confess that they were done using software so I can't take any credit for the mixing (accept hours of pain staking adjustments, so glad I'm reunited with my decks again so I don't have to do this again), but the tunes are ace imo. Overall they're probably a little more commercial that Mortis's selection, but still quality hardcore tracks.

Mortis
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
7,493 posts

341 hardcore releases
Posted - 2009/10/07 :  19:50:46  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Mortis's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by snerkler:
Have I understood this right, these are all new tracks done in the oldschool sound?

Indeed you have. All are fairly new or only 2 or 3 years old, nothing "old skool" about them other than their sound

quote:
Can I hijack this post and post the couple of oldschool mixes I did?

By all means

snerkler

United Kingdom
452 posts
Posted - 2009/10/08 :  07:56:27  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit snerkler's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:

Indeed you have. All are fairly new or only 2 or 3 years old, nothing "old skool" about them other than their sound

Wow, my prayers have been answered Where do I start looking? And oh my god my bank balance is going to go down very quickly ;-)

snerkler

United Kingdom
452 posts
Posted - 2009/10/08 :  08:02:03  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit snerkler's homepage  Reply with quote
Here's a full length oldschool mix. There's some slightly more commercial stuff and some real classic underground tunes. I love eacha nd every track on this.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/ndd0gwxm2qj/Oldskool%20mm%20final%20edit.mp3#

Here's a mix I did for a mate's wedding, had to keep in around 30 mins long. Some of the same tracks are the same as the mix above, but plenty of different ones. Well worth a listen imo

http://www.mediafire.com/file/jbnwmwy5wtt/Ste%20and%20Donna's%20wedding.mp3

Mortis
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
7,493 posts

341 hardcore releases
Posted - 2009/10/08 :  09:48:41  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Mortis's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
quote:

Wow, my prayers have been answered Where do I start looking? And oh my god my bank balance is going to go down very quickly ;-)

http://www.imorecords.com/Products/hardcorebreaksnurave/full-catalogue/0/

Here's a link to a free album from hardcorebreaks.com: http://www.hardcorelives.co.uk/forums/downloads.php?do=file&id=136

Their is others places too but IMO's a good place to start. Try searching google for Hardcore Breaks and see what comes up.

Mortis
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
7,493 posts

341 hardcore releases
Posted - 2009/10/08 :  09:49:43  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Mortis's homepage  Reply with quote
I'll try and get to those mix's today too.

kathryn
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
6,520 posts
kathryn has attended 3 events
Posted - 2009/10/08 :  11:32:38  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit kathryn's homepage  Reply with quote
Listened to the whole of the mix this morning hubby and i must say its absolutely fantastic 1 of the best mixes you have done ever

snerkler

United Kingdom
452 posts
Posted - 2009/10/08 :  12:16:58  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit snerkler's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Mortis:
quote:
quote:

http://www.imorecords.com/Products/hardcorebreaksnurave/full-catalogue/0/

Here's a link to a free album from hardcorebreaks.com: http://www.hardcorelives.co.uk/forums/downloads.php?do=file&id=136

Their is others places too but IMO's a good place to start. Try searching google for Hardcore Breaks and see what comes up.

Nice one, cheers mate

snerkler

United Kingdom
452 posts
Posted - 2009/10/08 :  12:18:17  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit snerkler's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by kathryn:
Listened to the whole of the mix this morning hubby and i must say its absolutely fantastic 1 of the best mixes you have done ever

Ahh, bless

Jackol

United States
443 posts
Posted - 2009/10/09 :  19:41:38  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Jackol's homepage  Reply with quote
downloading

New PostPost Reply
Topic is 2 pages long: 1  2
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 1.67 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page