Printer friendly
Page: 
of 2

Author Thread  
Triquatra

United Kingdom
12,635 posts
Triquatra is a site donation subscriber Triquatra has attended 26 events
Posted - 2009/07/07 :  17:09:57  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Triquatra's homepage  Reply with quote
...well at least he's sampled it from somthing everyone knows!

Alert moderator Go to top of page
Meathead
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
4,217 posts
Posted - 2009/07/07 :  17:18:33  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Meathead's homepage  Reply with quote
I wasn't keen on all the cutting in and out of tracks. Like in the 1st track, bringing in the 2nd tracks "DJ" sample. Although a little bit can sound good and build up a bit of suspence, too much and it gets a bit annoying, which this did tbh mate. The mixing wasn't always that smooth either, few beat-matching mistakes and dodgy transitions. But the tracklisting was ok, i did hear some donks which i'm not happy about lol but yeah all in all tracklist was good. Who gives a **** if the tunes are old? I always throw in a few older tunes into my mixes.

How long you been mixing mate? Tis probably just a case of practice.

"Music creates order out of chaos; for rhythm imposes unanimity upon the divergent, melody imposes continuity upon the disjointed, and harmony imposes compatibility upon the incongruous." -Sir Yehudi Menuhin

lozowen
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
533 posts
lozowen has attended 10 events
Posted - 2009/07/07 :  17:29:09  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit lozowen's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Meathead:

been mixing 5 months, yeah i know it wasnt the tightest of mixes but its the first mix ive recorded so i'd thought i'd up it and see what feedback i got ect.

The mix has earnt me a place on the roster of www.narcoticradio.co.uk so i'm pleased.

I'm live at 6 - 7 pm GMT tonight, so in half an hour from when i post this, filling in for KEV GEE.

on www.NARCOTICRADIO.co.uk
- Upfront Hardcore & Gabber

Meathead
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
4,217 posts
Posted - 2009/07/07 :  17:53:30  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Meathead's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by lozowen:
quote:

been mixing 5 months, yeah i know it wasnt the tightest of mixes but its the first mix ive recorded so i'd thought i'd up it and see what feedback i got ect.

The mix has earnt me a place on the roster of www.narcoticradio.co.uk so i'm pleased.

I'm live at 6 - 7 pm GMT tonight, so in half an hour from when i post this, filling in for KEV GEE.

Fair play mate, i wasn't great after 5 months either. I doubt anyone was. Being on the station should help you get enough practice in anyway, good luck.

"Music creates order out of chaos; for rhythm imposes unanimity upon the divergent, melody imposes continuity upon the disjointed, and harmony imposes compatibility upon the incongruous." -Sir Yehudi Menuhin

Revs
Advanced Member

Austria
2,583 posts
Revs has attended 13 events
Posted - 2009/07/07 :  18:49:27  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Revs's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Who gives a **** if the tunes are old? I always throw in a few older tunes into my mixes.

Yeah but those tunes have all at least a year and I've heard them million of times...

lozowen
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
533 posts
lozowen has attended 10 events
Posted - 2009/07/16 :  22:13:25  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit lozowen's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by DJ Revs:
quote:
Who gives a **** if the tunes are old? I always throw in a few older tunes into my mixes.

Yeah but those tunes have all at least a year and I've heard them million of times...

i dont personally think it matters whether a mix has old tunes in it mate

on www.NARCOTICRADIO.co.uk
- Upfront Hardcore & Gabber

New PostPost Reply
Topic is 2 pages long: 1  2
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 0.89 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page