Email Us!
Username: Password:

Lost password
 Remember my login 

All forums
 Tracks, DJ mixes & release announcements

3 new tracks

Printer friendly

All users can post new topics in this forum. All users can reply to topics in this forum

Author Thread  
Mortis
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
7,493 posts

341 hardcore releases
Mortis has donated money to the site Mortis has attended 7 events
Posted - 2009/05/27 :  18:18:20  Show profile Send a private message
When I had my little rant on this forum about my feelings towards hardcore music (my moment of enlightenment shall we say) I felt that hardcore was dead to me. I pondered about what to do and why I was feeling that way and I realised that hardcore in it's current form was generally no longer for me.

So instead of sitting around and moaning about it on a forum and wait for someone else to do it I would do something about it and make the music that I want to hear myself.

I've got samples of 3 tracks that I'm working on. One of which is an update of my Grand National track that was featured on the PPF album.

1) http://www12.zippyshare.com/v/92788799/file.html - Grand National update. This is more DJ friendly and has a better mixdown. It's got some minor alterations to the sequencing and over all a bloody good polish has been applied.

2) http://www5.zippyshare.com/v/97952042/file.html - Untitled track. This is my current baby. Needs a few minor tweaks on the mixdown front but all coming together quiet nicely.

3) http://www9.zippyshare.com/v/56217854/file.html - Breeze & Styles - Your Shining (Mortis Bootleg). A cheeky little number that's nearly completed.

Alert moderator

Edited by - Mortis on 2009/05/27 18:28:56
catjam

United Kingdom
407 posts
Posted - 2009/05/27 :  18:54:30  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit catjam's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by Mortis:
I realised that hardcore in it's current form was generally no longer for me.

Thats pretty much how i feel about it myself mate...
The Bouncy Techno Track & Your Shining is sounding really good Mortis
the Grand National track is just ok in my ears (no offence) ...but the other 2 sounding very good mate

http://rapidshare.com/files/301062605/Hardcore_Havoc.mp3

JTC - Just Another Hardcore Havoc

http://rapidshare.com/files/319592945/Just_Another_Hardcore_Havoc.mp3

pm me for TL

Alert moderator Go to top of page
Audio Warfare
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3,047 posts
Audio Warfare has attended 19 events
Posted - 2009/05/27 :  19:05:05  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Audio Warfare's homepage
Good job on these mate. You're really improving and quickly too. 8-)

Great to see someone doing what they want to do rather than what they feel they should be doing too!

Edited by - Audio Warfare on 2009/05/27 19:05:33
Mortis
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
7,493 posts

341 hardcore releases
Posted - 2009/05/27 :  20:30:43  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Mortis's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by catjam:
quote:
I realised that hardcore in it's current form was generally no longer for me.

Thats pretty much how i feel about it myself mate...
The Bouncy Techno Track & Your Shining is sounding really good Mortis
the Grand National track is just ok in my ears (no offence) ...but the other 2 sounding very good mate

No offense taken re Grand National, each to their own. To be honest that was done in a sort of old meets new style which I decided on for the PPF CD. Not a style which I'm interested in to be honest.

quote:
Originally posted by Audio Warfare:
Good job on these mate. You're really improving and quickly too. 8-)

Thanks mate.

quote:
Great to see someone doing what they want to do rather than what they feel they should be doing too!

It's good to see someone noticing the whole point behind what I'm doing and why I'm doing it.

As far as I'm concerned the very essence of hardcore in the beginning was to do what you felt like and to not conform. It's lost it's routes so much so that now tracks don't get a look in unless it has 700 glitches and FX, gabber kicks every now and then and the same old same old lead and bass...bar the odd exception but those exceptions are still not much different in my opinion.

Meathead
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
4,217 posts
Posted - 2009/05/27 :  20:51:42  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Meathead's homepage
Grand National: Not bad, but there isnt much going on in the clip. How different is this version to the one on PPF mate? Production wise its noticeably much better. I thought the version on PPF was rather DJ friendly tbh mate.

You already know what i think of the Bouncy Techno tune ;)

Your Shining remix? Im guessing you got access to the exclusives vip acappela lounge over at HP then? Nice job on it anyway mate, nice and chilled yet ravey. Its been done over and over but atleast this version is quite original. Production sounds really good too mate. Nicely done.

Respect to you for what youre doing mate. Thats the whole point of making music, doing what you feel and what makes you happy (also what i intend on doing), keep it up mate. The music needs it.

"Music creates order out of chaos; for rhythm imposes unanimity upon the divergent, melody imposes continuity upon the disjointed, and harmony imposes compatibility upon the incongruous." -Sir Yehudi Menuhin

Mortis
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
7,493 posts

341 hardcore releases
Posted - 2009/05/27 :  21:44:02  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Mortis's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by Meathead:
Grand National: Not bad, but there isnt much going on in the clip. How different is this version to the one on PPF mate? Production wise its noticeably much better. I thought the version on PPF was rather DJ friendly tbh mate.

It's different in the production quality mainly. It's a bit more of a conventional 4x4 intro/outro affair now but other than that it's mainly the production - I was never happy with the final version on the PPF.

quote:
Originally posted by Meathead:
Respect to you for what youre doing mate. Thats the whole point of making music, doing what you feel and what makes you happy (also what i intend on doing), keep it up mate. The music needs it.

Thanks mate

Edited by - Mortis on 2009/05/27 21:45:11
Ionosphere
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3,750 posts
Ionosphere is verified hardcore artist
Posted - 2009/05/28 :  00:47:04  Show profile View artist profile  Send a private message  Visit Ionosphere's homepage
d/l....

*edit*

Totally agree with what's been said.

'Grand National' has noticeably better production but I'd prefer it if the 4/4 Kick was left out for a bit and then dropped in.

Bouncy Techno is always good and this track fits right in there.

and yes, a cheeky little version of 'Your Shining' very nicely done.

All three are a definite step forward in production quality and such a noticeable step at that mate.

So yeh. Make what you want to hear and leave the herd behind. We've ploughed our own furrow (and it's probably why we're not millionaires by now )

MORE!

This- http://www.discogs.com/artist/Ionosphere

THIS - http://soundcloud.com/ionosphere

VIDEO - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nYWkHCkaho

Edited by - Ionosphere on 2009/05/28 12:50:54
choonland
Advanced Member

Colombia
1,100 posts
Posted - 2009/05/28 :  03:32:34  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit choonland's homepage
quote:
So instead of sitting around and moaning about it on a forum and wait for someone else to do it I would do something about it and make the music that I want to hear myself.

thats great mate! there are really very few things better than listening to your own music and say "I did this sh*t!" :) big ups!

downloading...

quote:
quote:

As far as I'm concerned the very essence of hardcore in the beginning was to do what you felt like and to not conform.

these 2 statements sound so right.... I'm gonna put them in my signature to remember them ... this is something important people

Edited by - choonland on 2009/05/28 03:39:05
Mortis
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
7,493 posts

341 hardcore releases
Posted - 2009/05/28 :  13:40:38  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Mortis's homepage
Thanks for all of the positive feedback so far, very much appreciated.

New PostPost Reply
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 1.31 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page