Total online 2150
 Radio listeners 164+
Email Us!
Username: Password:

Lost password
 Remember my login 

All forums
 Events: Australia / New Zealand

Helter Skelter DC - The dark city (1 attended)

Printer friendly

Only administrators or moderators can post new topics in this forum. All users can reply to topics in this forum

Author Thread  
Nesa

Australia
31 posts
Nesa has attended 6 events
Posted - 2006/07/22 :  14:36:48  Show profile Send a private message
[1 HappyHardcore.com members attended this event.]
Event name: Helter Skelter DC - The dark city
Starts: 2006/7/22
State/Territory: New South Wales

HELTER SKELTER:
THE DARK CITY

date: SATURDAY 22ND JULY, 2006 - 10PM-7AM

venue: THE ATRIUM - MACQUARIE UNIVERSITY - NORTH RYDE

info: Enter the realms of the Helter Skelter's Dark City, a place where the creatures of the night congregate to worship the darks sounds of rave. A place of dark energy and twisted distortions of reality, where the bright lights of uplifting melodies illuminate the night sky through the infinite darkness as thousands of people raise their hands in climax to the sound. A place where the darkest souls are exiled, and where their banished sounds of hard trance, hardstyle and hardcore reign supreme. With the night led by Germany's true champion of everything trance, the one and only DJ Dean, supported by Sydney's masters of sound manipulation, the Dark City will provide yet another chapter of pure anarchy in the Helter Skelter series. To date we've supplied you with some of the most twisted yet exhilarating events out there, but this will be nothing compared to the Dark City. We've never attempted a party quite like this before, something where we're focusing on creating an environment and an atmosphere, not just a party!
This is the Dark City. Do you dare enter?

DJ DEAN - TUNNEL TRANCE GERMANY
The True Champion of Trance, we could not have ever imagined anyone better to headline the Dark City and take the creatures of the night on a journey through the most upfront trance the world has to offer. The head resident of the world's most famous hard trance club, Tunnel in Hamburg, Germany, DJ Dean is a global trance superstar who travels the world playing massive gig after gig on various continents. Mixer of the Tunnel Trance and Tunnel DJ Networx series, the largest and highest distributed trance CDs in the world, DJ Dean has a massive fanbase that stems across every major continent in the world. Not just being content with a DJ and CD master, Dean is also a producer of the highest calibre . His productions speak for themselves - the massive Balla Nation, It's a Dream, Protect your Ears, Planet Earth, Music is My Life and many others - he's produced several seminal trance anthems for the dark generation. After absolutely tearing the roof of at Helter Skelter: Live The Experience, in a set regarded my most trance purists as one of the best ever played in Sydney, DJ Dean is back to take control of the Dark City.

VENUE - THE ATRIUM
Helter Skelter's venue reputation is of complete first rate. Three parties, three excellent venues. For the Dark City, we will supply no less than our previous excellence. When we began the concept of the Dark City, we knew exactly what we wanted to create. To do this, we had to have the right venue, the right blank canvas if you will. In our minds, that left us with no choice, we had to go back to what we regard as the best venue in Sydney - The Atrium. For those of you who remember Helter Skelter 2 in July 2004, you will of course know what all the fuss is about. For those that weren't there, or had such a mad time, they can't remember, here's the run down. Imagine a beautiful 3,000 capacity arena with a huge mezzanine level - enabling you to look down on the main stage from above. Purpose built polished wooden dancefloors have been installed for easy dancing, and all of the required amenities are there to make sure you're comfortable all night. A stage is raised at the front of the venue so that you can see your favourite performer, and as the arena is designed for entertainment the production and decor seem to fit perfectly with the venue. With a full service soft drink bar and alcohol bars (for those over 18), munchies, a cloak room and a massive outdoor chill-out area to compliment the giant main arena, the Atrium is a true event paradise. It has hosted some of Sydney's most legendary parties, and after a two year break the Atrium is back - ready to be converted into the Dark City.

PRODUCTION - LIGHTS:LASERSOUND:VISUALS
To create the Dark City, the design engineers from Helter Skelter will be starting with a raw venue and treating it like a blank canvas - ready to be manipulated with the ideas that the artist has in mind. Our vision is dark.

Think Gotham City. Think Post-Apocalyptic. Think Industrial.

Using the many concepts created by the team, a stunning array of production, backdrops and visions will pierce through the venue, creating a dark urban landscape for all to experience. From the DJ booth to the stage, everything has been thought of to create a true dark city environment. But don't just think this party is all about the look. We've got the Turbosound rig experienced at our Showgrounds and Atrium events, a powerful production to compliment the stunning image-scapes we design using the latest venue design techniques. You'll truly be amazed yet enticed by entering the Dark City, as your eyes will feast on the pleasures of the Dark City just as much as your ears will.

Featuring
DJ DEAN
(Tunnel Trance Germany)
together with
Fenix - Nervous vs Steve Hill
Suae - Impact - Matrix
Team Rocket (Dave PSI, QT & Destiny)
Midian & MC Swift

Tickets:
In March this year, when we produced the HELTER SKELTER HARD DANCE NATION event, we chose a venue that limited us to only 1,000 patrons. With the Internationals we had on offer, we knew the event would sell out, no matter what! Our ticket price for that event, we believed was a reasonable $44+bf. Now for our July event - HELTER SKELTER - THE DARK CITY, we have moved to a much bigger venue, which has a capacity of some 3,000 people. Once again, we know for a fact we will sell out! Even at $55 for every ticket, this event would reach capacity, probably before the night. But to absolutely guarantee a sell out, we are doing something completely stunning. We are releasing early bird tickets through Overdrive.com.au and Central Station Records. These tickets are an amazingly low $35+bf. You will have until 4 weeks before the event to snap up one of these cheap tickets.

But we won’t stop there. From now until 2 weeks before the event, Friday 7th July, all our other regular outlets (excluding Ticketek) will be offering their own special tickets, for just $44 +bf. After these special offers run out, all tickets will be $55 + bf, which we believe is still a great price.

So that's it, you think this event will sell out, the smart money says so! If you wanna come and party hard Helter Skelter style, get your wallet out early and grab a cheap ticket. Get ready to enter the Dark City!

TICKET OUTLETS
Central Station (Darlinghurst)
TEN Seconds Down (Chatswood)
Leading Edge (Parramatta)
Leading Edge (Penrith)
Leading Edge (CARNES HILL)
Castle Records (Castle Hill)
One Stop (Darlinghurst)
Mall Music (Brookvale)
Mjays (Fairfield)
Ravens Nest (Pennant Hills)

Alert moderator
Ravine
Average Member

Australia
209 posts
Ravine has attended 13 events
Posted - 2006/07/23 :  08:53:17  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Ravine's homepage
This got posted on the same day the rave was on.

Did anybody else go?

It was a freakin awesome night! Vodka Red Bulls are amazingly good to keep you goin.

Alert moderator Go to top of page
ihaveduff
Advanced Member

Australia
944 posts

28 hardcore releases
ihaveduff has attended 11 events
Posted - 2006/07/23 :  13:07:12  Show profile  Send a private message
bollocks... i forgot it was on... i woulda gone if i remembered!!

FriedRice
Advanced Member

Australia
669 posts
FriedRice has attended 5 events
Posted - 2006/07/23 :  14:10:31  Show profile  Send a private message
I slept through this event as on friday nite i went to the official shuffle night and the roxored my soxors!!
But yeah i am watchin vid from it and it didnt look too bad, they advertised it on the radio tho....raves are going commercial bigtime in Aus i am gettin out lol

silver
Admin

Japan
12,560 posts

894 hardcore releases
silver is verified hardcore artist silver is a site donation subscriber silver has attended 108 events
Posted - 2006/07/24 :  07:59:58  Show profile View artist profile  Send a private message  Visit silver's homepage
Was it good?

Ravine
Average Member

Australia
209 posts
Posted - 2006/07/24 :  12:16:24  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Ravine's homepage
It was very VERY good. There were no sound issues as like Utopia being too soft and other raves being too noisy as this was just right. There was no reverb either. Perfect sound engineering. Lovely lasers. The bar was awesome mainly due to the fact that it was on the 2nd floor overlooking everything and it was great place to chill. Also there was alot of space on the 2nd floor to dance.

The floor was quite good for shuffling and there was this random talc powder fairy that sprinkled talc everywhere then disappeared and came back every hour.

DJ Dean went off but he kept ruining my vibe by using the high pass filter at least 5 times per track (not an exageration). Impact was also exceptionally good. Stayed at the front for his whole set, had him come down and signed my shirt (i'm such a slut).

Even though it was at my uni, there were areas i didn't even know existed. The places were filled with peaking gronk ravers. I met about 5 people the whole night who were straight raving.

I'm still achy all over but the night completely rocked my socks off. Too bad DJ Dean dropped Ballanation (2nd track he played) while i was still at the front =(. I could hardly dance there cus it went NUTS when he dropped it and everyone was jumping and pushing.

Baby700

Australia
60 posts
Baby700 has attended 7 events
Posted - 2006/07/24 :  17:17:17  Show profile  Send a private message
So, given that DJ Dean's CDs tend towards cheese (with the occasional A++ track chucked in for good measure), was his set cheesy or quality? Did he bang it out or keep it hands-in-the-air? What tracks did he play?

Ravine
Average Member

Australia
209 posts
Posted - 2006/07/25 :  02:16:42  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Ravine's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by Baby700:
So, given that DJ Dean's CDs tend towards cheese (with the occasional A++ track chucked in for good measure), was his set cheesy or quality? Did he bang it out or keep it hands-in-the-air? What tracks did he play?

I hardly knew any of his tracks except Protect your Ears and Ballanation. Protect your ears was played near the end and Ballanation was the 2nd track.

His set was purely banging but he'd keep doing the high pass filter and thats when everyone put their hands in the air. Which was annoying. I wanted to go hard. Besides that, it was purely hard dance

Baby700

Australia
60 posts
Baby700 has attended 7 events
Posted - 2006/07/25 :  06:35:31  Show profile  Send a private message
I'm hoping he plays @ Gas this Sat night too. Not in the mood for hands-in-the-air cheese. I want some stomping action! I'll let you know how it goes :)

New EventPost Reply
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 0.89 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page