Printer friendly
Page: 
of 3

Author Thread  
Don Giovanni

Canada
290 posts

43 hardcore releases
Posted - 2002/04/14 :  17:48:26  Show profile  Send a private message  Reply with quote
Happyhardcore above all, I'll listen to any otehr forms of hardcore out there, really love jungle/dnd and goa/psy trance. Basically I love all forms of electronic music except certain forms of trance which can be really annnoying.

When i have to work on something, i usually listen to alot of opera music, classical (mostly Vivaldi), or crazy experimental stuff

I always try to be open to new sounds.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
'Together united as one indeed, WE ARE THE HARDCORE FAMILY!
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Alert moderator Go to top of page
Crispy Disco
Starting Member

Canada
9 posts
Posted - 2002/04/21 :  03:51:03  Show profile  Send a private message  Reply with quote
I've always said that I am a lover of music in general, and you can't love music if you are ignorant to other types of music. And I'm not talking stuff like hardcore, jungle, house etc. I mean stuff like music from other cultures, time periods etc. Props to SINIZTA & Hixxy_is_my_god2k2 for the diverse list of genres. It's one thing to find people from a younger generation of music like ours that dig country or classical, but it's another thing to have people openly admit it. I was on another forum a little while ago, and I got crusified for bringing up the fact that not 1 thread on their 'electronic music' forums "other genres" section had anything other than house, trance and that kinda stuff disscussed.
While killer hard trance, acid trance, Happy Hardcore ...basically any hard fast and EMOTIONAL music are my first loves, I love stuff like new school punk like NO/FX, Bad Religonon ô metal like Metallica & Pantera ô Artists Like Phil Collins, Paul Simon, Stevie Wonder ô Powerful classical (I'm a sucker for stringed instruments like the Chello, Viola etc) Jazz, Soulfull funky stuff like James Brown.
Recently I became fasinated by the Corrs. I never heard of them til about a year ago, when I happened to turn the TV to a live performance they gave. I was instantly sucked in. (what that really touched me on a very emotional level was there song Runaway. It was so awsome. I havn't been affected by a song to that extreme in YEARS. (I love the live version that has no electric guitar or anything like that. What was amazing was that I swear that during Runaway,I could have sworn that Sharon Corr (violanist & Backup vocals) was crying. That's what I love about music. It's not about what song makes me cut a rug. It's about the raw emotions that any given type of music can pull out of you.

I'll end this post with a quote by a famous philosopher: (Nieche? I can't remember his name, sorry.

"Life without music wouldn't be worth living"

'nuff said

Slow Music Sucks

Alert moderator Go to top of page
Edited by - Crispy Disco on 2002/04/21 03:53:56

New PostPost Reply
Topic is 3 pages long: 1  2  3
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 0.39 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page