Page: 
of 2

Author Thread  
giddygosh
Average Member

United Kingdom
235 posts
giddygosh has attended 8 events
Posted - 2005/12/27 :  16:41:46  Show profile  Send a private message  Reply with quote
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by Baldo:

No matter what people on here may say uk hardcore and it's scene is really not a million miles away from scouse house now hardcores gone so commercial. Yes hardcore came from the original rave sound but what gets played now is basically scouse house 30 bpm, and although it's kept some rave culture in the scene if you look around slammin, htid main rooms etc i find it funny people lookin down on scouse house as it's for "chavs".

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

yeah i know uk hardcore is startin to get like scouse house but only because of the influence of recon(ultrabeat) and sy and unknown(cheeky trax) and breeze and styles remix loads of flip n fill and friday night posse tunes and release them on aatw on vinyl!!

the thing that enoys ME about clubland is the way people think its hardcore! u'd never hear a scott brown plus system track on clubland!!!

and more and more people are comin to the raves because of the cheese factor and the majority of these people are chav like!! and are the ones that are startin all the trouble!!!!!!

i think hardcore needs to steer clean of the cheese to eliminate all these chav pricks comin to the raves!!!!
thats my opinion anyway!!!

hear my lastest mix- http://www.bassjunkees.com/main/archives/download.php?file=junkee_giddygosh.mp3

Alert moderator Go to top of page
Twenty1ne
Starting Member

United Kingdom
5 posts
Posted - 2005/12/27 :  18:01:27  Show profile  Send a private message  Reply with quote
Its all about money, thats why we have scott brown mixes on the ClubLand CD's.Not taking anything away from those mixes BUT someones making huge amounts of money from the watered down records of ClubLand.Stating the obvious ofcourse.

Da Cunney Bugz
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
2,222 posts

25 hardcore releases
Da Cunney Bugz has attended 9 events
Posted - 2005/12/30 :  20:58:51  Show profile  Send a private message  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by B.C:
I seen a copy on the ground in HMV today, and promptly kicked it.

Such is my hatred for clubland and everything it stands for.

lmao i did a very similiar thing yesterday in hmv, in the same little bit was hardcore heaven, bonkers 14 and clubland 8, i quickly through the cd on the floor in protest which 5 minutes later i saw my gf retrieving the copy off the floor and buying.

*I LOVE YOU*

KiNky-BaBe-LoZz

United Kingdom
63 posts
Posted - 2006/01/01 :  23:14:22  Show profile  Send a private message  Reply with quote
i agree wiv most of the fings ppl ave sed, clubland is just shit old tracks mixed agen n agen dat u can find on most ova cds lyk floor fillers n dat

the adverts make me laff tho they play the best bits of the best tracks so most ppl just assume it'll b gd (lyk my mate)

Charco
Advanced Member

Ireland
1,979 posts
Charco has attended 4 events
Posted - 2006/01/02 :  00:58:19  Show profile  Send a private message  Reply with quote
posted by baldo:

Is funny though as soon as clubland make a remix of a hardcore tune the same people that love the new commercial hardcore start crying about it saying it's out of order [/quote]

I completely agree with that!! Been waiting for someone to say it.

Bought clubland extreme hardcore foolishly. Has to be one of my worst purchases....along with some more of the recent stuff.

Go Here: http://www.ionosphere.co.uk or here: http://www.sbthq.net . Happy? You should be!! And of course: My tunes: http://www.acidplanet.com/artist.asp?songs=230636&T=6580

tha_cheek
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
631 posts
tha_cheek has attended 1 event
Posted - 2006/01/02 :  17:46:29  Show profile  Send a private message  Reply with quote
The worst are those remixes of Usher's songs and Britney spears, there ***** awful

[email protected]

bristolboy05
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
955 posts
bristolboy05 has attended 12 events
Posted - 2006/01/02 :  18:24:38  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit bristolboy05's homepage  Reply with quote
it alright, it aint the best clubland.

woohooo finally a advanced member.

Uproar
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,644 posts
Posted - 2006/01/02 :  19:41:39  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Uproar's homepage  Reply with quote
My little brother bought Clubland 8 so I had a a VERY quick listen to all the tracks. I could only bear listening to one track which was Booty Callers - IOU Nothing, which is a fairly good Scouse House track called Module One with Bros vocals. Quite a good track I thought.

Evel
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
604 posts
Posted - 2006/01/06 :  09:45:29  Show profile  Send a private message  Reply with quote
[/quote]

I completely agree with that!! Been waiting for someone to say it.

Bought clubland extreme hardcore foolishly. Has to be one of my worst purchases....along with some more of the recent stuff.

[/quote]

Agreed

Da Cunney Bugz
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
2,222 posts

25 hardcore releases
Da Cunney Bugz has attended 9 events
Posted - 2006/01/06 :  15:37:26  Show profile  Send a private message  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by tha_cheek:
I bought clubland 6 a year or so ago, i lisened to the first 10 trax or summat and it wer bollocks.

The cases came in handi thou, i used them for other CD's

i think i recall us both going down the wood's and burning it along with all our school books

*I LOVE YOU*

Loz_e
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
772 posts
Loz_e has attended 7 events
Posted - 2006/01/06 :  16:23:54  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Loz_e's homepage  Reply with quote
i had a sh*t the other day...clubland came out...ALL 8 OF THEM!!!!!hurt like hell.

jenks
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3,687 posts

19 hardcore releases
jenks has attended 1 event
Posted - 2006/01/11 :  05:32:50  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit jenks's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by giddygosh:
quote:
Originally posted by Baldo:

No matter what people on here may say uk hardcore and it's scene is really not a million miles away from scouse house now hardcores gone so commercial. Yes hardcore came from the original rave sound but what gets played now is basically scouse house 30 bpm, and although it's kept some rave culture in the scene if you look around slammin, htid main rooms etc i find it funny people lookin down on scouse house as it's for "chavs".

yeah i know uk hardcore is startin to get like scouse house but only because of the influence of recon(ultrabeat) and sy and unknown(cheeky trax) and breeze and styles remix loads of flip n fill and friday night posse tunes and release them on aatw on vinyl!!

the thing that enoys ME about clubland is the way people think its hardcore! u'd never hear a scott brown plus system track on clubland!!!

and more and more people are comin to the raves because of the cheese factor and the majority of these people are chav like!! and are the ones that are startin all the trouble!!!!!!

i think hardcore needs to steer clean of the cheese to eliminate all these chav pricks comin to the raves!!!!
thats my opinion anyway!!!

I'm pretty sure Baldo means the scene's are similar not the music, scouse is being made by young people with a young audience and its about having a good time nomatter what anyone thinks... I'm sure another scenes started out like that...

People diss the scouse scene but all they're doing is sounding exactly the same as the people that slated hardcore!

Chris B
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3,964 posts
Chris B has attended 30 events
Posted - 2006/01/11 :  14:00:43  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Chris B's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by jenks:
I'm pretty sure Baldo means the scene's are similar not the music,

I mean both actually mate anno you dont get any total donks in hardcore but so many of the big producers are the same, try slowing a quosh or raverbaby down by 30 bpm and what you get is bouncy house imo.

Then timestretch one of the non donk hits up by 30 bpm and what you get is commercial uk hardcore.

I couldnt care if it's a good tune it's a good tune but i just think people that only no hardcore get a very weird view of how things are, they think there scene is almighty and untouchable and scouse is the devil slowing down and commerciallising all there ideas. I could understand if it was people listening to freeform, breaks, gabba and whatever hated scouse but folks into those dont seem to care, it's the same people that buy all the hardcore mixes of scouse tunes that then moan when they do it to a hardcore tune it's ridiculous.

At the end of the day the most popular hardcore is the stuff that sounds like charty dance with a bounce behind it and i bet i could tell a gd few people some of there favourite tunes that started of as bouncy/scouse house. Even just listening to puredance through the day you'd have heard a lot of the vocals coming out in hardcore there a few months earlier in there original versions.

Hardcore does have a better scene and has a lot better raves, even the big ones try to keep a bit of variation in the lineup. My problem with bouncy house is there's a real lack of variation, i mean hardcores a much wider genre there's so much more you can do with it. But slaggin people for liking scouse is just pointless, and slaggin scouse producers for stealing hardcores ideas is even more stupid.

To be honest a lotta the time it's produced by the same people, pretty much all the big hardcore producers make scouse under different names. So when you hear a song exactly identical to a hardcore one but slowed down, thats quite probably because it is the exact song slowed down. And released by the same people who are making there living.

Anyway nothin wrong with donk in small doses, although it's nearly all shit look on 3 beat and some are gd tracks.

Edited by - Chris B on 2006/01/11 14:03:49
Bidd

United Kingdom
301 posts
Posted - 2006/01/21 :  16:22:03  Show profile  Send a private message  Reply with quote
It;s now obvious to me from this website the whole 'clubland' series is not popular. However I must point out that when I was a small 13 year old with no idea of music, it was clubland one that got me into dance music cos it was first one i remember being heavily advertised on TV so i bought it

I have to admit that 5 years later I saw clubland xtreme hardcore and i thought id give that a try as i didnt know what hardcore was exactly. I gotta admit that at the time I thought that the music on there was awesome and have got to admit that CD got me to like hardcore. So all in all if it wasnt for clubland I wouldnt be here on this site

I can see how clubland has probably drawn in a lot of chavs to this scene and how the tradionilists hate them cos they have no idea of the scene, but we are not all chavs and becuase of clubland I now go and buy other CD's like Bonkers and Hardcore Heaven so its not all that bad

Sharkey - Revolution (Slipmatt Remix)

Chris B
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3,964 posts
Chris B has attended 30 events
Posted - 2006/01/21 :  16:51:14  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Chris B's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Bidd:
It;s now obvious to me from this website the whole 'clubland' series is not popular........it was first one i remember being heavily advertised on TV so i bought it

dont listen to everything you read on the net mate clublands are obviously very popular or they wouldnt be able to advertise on tv etc etc etc

quote:
I can see how clubland has probably drawn in a lot of chavs to this scene and how the tradionilists hate them cos they have no idea of the scene

dictionary says chav = a young working class person who dresses in casual sports clothing

going by that about 80% of the hardcore scene as long as i can remember so it really aint a new thing. Hardcore aint that bad is only at the big events you get a couple of gangs who are nobs then the odd wanker, but you get that everywhere it really shouldnt put you off going out.

I just find big raves lack atmosphere compared to some of the smaller ones where your supporting local talent from your area, find the raves you like and stick with them is my advice.

quote:
at the time I thought that the music on there was awesome and have got to admit that CD got me to like hardcore. So all in all if it wasnt for clubland I wouldnt be here on this site

good for you mate, i started off listening to rez tapes and used to fast forward to bits with singing and repeat them again and again, thought the rest was "too hard" but i'd pretend i liked it to everyone else . Now i love everything mate go to experience all kindsa raves especially old school and gabba rooms, been about to diff countrys and had time of my life. keep trying new things at your own pace and look around for new stuff all the time, been loadsa good stuff over the years.

Anyhow mate enjoyed reading your post you talk a lot of sense

New PostPost Reply
Topic is 2 pages long: 1  2
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 1.28 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page