Page: 
of 3

Author Thread  
Chris B
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3,964 posts
Chris B has attended 30 events
Posted - 2004/01/20 :  23:33:23  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Chris B's homepage  Reply with quote
Think it'll always be the case if people see there's big money to b made, they'll try to make it. It's just sad that if makina's what they love that they've turned there back on it 4 money. Not sayin that if i had the opportunity to produce a cheesy trance track under a different name n make megabucks i wouldn't cos thats ********, between sittin in ma bedroom hopin 4 a break or havin a single out i no what i'd choose. But i'd not stop first and foremost concentrating on what i love. Dj Richard & Johnny Bass aren't small artists they already had a good following of like minded people you'd think that'd be what made them happy. It's what people like me dream of and although i've never been in the position i don't think i'd throw that away 4 anything. Not tryin 2 go on a rant of

Alert moderator Go to top of page
steve O
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,128 posts
Posted - 2004/01/21 :  16:14:59  Show profile  Send a private message  Reply with quote
i know i keep going on about it but it duz sound like makina is going a bit downhill (which i DEFINITELY dont want2 happen). I mean fair enuff the clubs r still open but if theyr rnt playing makina then it duz show the decrease in popularity. Also if sum of the big names in makina (eg sistema 3) stop produsing makina, and the trend catches on then all of the big names will b moving on to different styles. This is sounding alot like wot happened to hardcore in '99/'00. it crashed basically! Less and less producers and events. But thanx 2 hixxy it was ressurectd. If makina duz go down the pisser then hopefully sum1 will stay with it and ressurect it.

Scott would u change styles from makina in the near future? If u stop producing/promoting/pmixing makina then the north east scene wud B very lost!

Anyway, howmuch is dani fiesta 'defintiva' worth plz?

Hardcore Till I Die...

steve O
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,128 posts
Posted - 2004/01/21 :  16:16:12  Show profile  Send a private message  Reply with quote
is 'el corte ingles' just a general record shop (like hmv) or duz it specialize in makina/progressive etc?

Hardcore Till I Die...

scott h13

United Kingdom
30 posts
Posted - 2004/01/21 :  16:40:22  Show profile  Send a private message  Reply with quote
The reason why most of the producers decide to stop making makina is all about money.

The scene is very different in spain than england all tunes come out on vinyl and cd and most of the makina tunes enter the spanish charts selling between 4000 to 8000 depends how good the track is.

Flying free has been the biggest makina tune in spain selling over 20.000 units and its still getting repressed now,ive sold over 4000 in england on top of that.

Fly on the wings of love sold over bucket load in spain then 74 75 by xtm sold over 50.000 and they have had 2 more tunes out on the xtm name that has sold good but not as good as the first 2.

So going from makina producers making small money to xtm has made them well i dont but i bet they dont have to work again.

So because of this richard and johnny will never make makina again because they make too much money from tunes like the above and there dj fee has doubled aswell.

But it is far from fading because producers always leave the scene and there is alway new ones come into the scene its a never ending story.

I know its never going to die its been going since the 90/91 and they have never ever had a bad patch like the uk hardcore scene did.

They might be less makina clubs than there was but the ones that are playing it all hold 2000 to 10.000 i played at piramide in spain on the 6th dec 5 arenas plus outdoor it was the winter rave 10.000 people.

Go to www.activa-t.com at the top under piramide logo check out the photos from the night and this club is on every sat night.

Its hangar time

scott h13

United Kingdom
30 posts
Posted - 2004/01/21 :  16:43:34  Show profile  Send a private message  Reply with quote
The shop sells everything you could need all the records are harddance to us but to the spanish its mainly chart music.

Its hangar time

steve O
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,128 posts
Posted - 2004/01/21 :  18:29:23  Show profile  Send a private message  Reply with quote
yeh i suppose ur rite. u neva no, this mite b a bad patch (which is actually good compared to UK hardcores bad patch!)

Hardcore Till I Die...

steve O
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,128 posts
Posted - 2004/01/21 :  18:32:23  Show profile  Send a private message  Reply with quote
R the records in the spanish records shops cheap or expensive compared 2 over here? coz most choons over here (well new 'uns) r about 7-10 quid, so r they cheaper than that in spain?

On the pictures on keepitsafe (the latest spanish tour u went on), whos the person wearing a toon top? do the toon and gateshead djs/mcs get on wiv the sunderland djs/mcs?

Hardcore Till I Die...

silver
Admin

Japan
12,562 posts

894 hardcore releases
silver is verified hardcore artist silver is a site donation subscriber silver has attended 108 events
Posted - 2004/01/22 :  04:28:29  Show profile View artist profile  Send a private message  Visit silver's homepage  Reply with quote
You sold 4,000 units of a makina tune in the UK? Damn! Thats massive.

scott h13

United Kingdom
30 posts
Posted - 2004/01/22 :  10:00:59  Show profile  Send a private message  Reply with quote
The makina records over there are all between 6 or 7 euro and picture disc are 1 euro more but but imports are 10 or 12 euro.

All them people who i went to spain with all are all mates and work for me in hangar or makina we dont give a **** about football.

Flying free is just one records that i have sold in the 1000s there are at least another 50 records like that that ive sold 3000 or 4000 of.

Nov to the beginning of jan my company sold 21000 makina records in the uk and thats no shite.

Its hangar time

silver
Admin

Japan
12,562 posts

894 hardcore releases
silver is verified hardcore artist silver is a site donation subscriber silver has attended 108 events
Posted - 2004/01/22 :  10:54:07  Show profile View artist profile  Send a private message  Visit silver's homepage  Reply with quote
What is your company? Are you wholesale or retail?

scott h13

United Kingdom
30 posts
Posted - 2004/01/22 :  13:42:52  Show profile  Send a private message  Reply with quote
Makina music uk (distribution company) i was the first person to bring the makina to england in 1998 i was playing it in the clubs i promoted and in 2000 i statred makina music and hangar 13 because of the demand for the makina around the northeast.

Its hangar time

steve O
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,128 posts
Posted - 2004/01/22 :  16:07:09  Show profile  Send a private message  Reply with quote
so how much is 7 euros in pounds? Scott i bet ur sik of me asking questions eh?! How cum there was ppl wearing footy tops if u arent arsed about it? (u mean u arent arsd if ppl support sunderland or newcastle?) Iv been told that ppl hav been dun in at the monkey bcoz they r from newcastle. thats stupid i reckon coz it cud put the whole of the toon off going to the major raves (which ALL seem 2 b in sunderland or around there!!!)

Scott r u canny wealthy?!

Hardcore Till I Die...

scott h13

United Kingdom
30 posts
Posted - 2004/01/22 :  16:22:14  Show profile  Send a private message  Reply with quote
6 euros last year was around £4 but the euro have dropped a fair bit so it will be around £4.50.

I dont follow football and most of the hangar staff dont follow football we dont give a shit about it.

I like all north east teams to do well.

The monkey club you only have to be 16 to get in and you will get people younger than 16 in so if thats happened it will be to do with the age group.
But i cant really say as ive never been back since i left in 2000.

In the hangar you can come in with what ever you want there is no bother and the age group is 18 to 40 the youngings cant get in the bouncers are tight and do a good job.

In 4 years of hangar 13 events ive only seen about 4 fights.

Its hangar time

steve O
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,128 posts
Posted - 2004/01/22 :  17:04:02  Show profile  Send a private message  Reply with quote
well 2 b honest the hangar has got a MUCH better reputation than the monkey. The music and quality of djs at the hangar r much better. the only thing i like about the monkey is tazo and ace altho stretch is just as gud really (i just like a bit of double vision on the mic wiv ace and tazo B2B!!!)

The monkey is going downhill n it is known 4 being a 'kiddies' club compared 2 the hangar. Im only 16 myself but havnt been to any of these clubs coz i live in the Toon! Its gud 2 hear that uv only seen 4 fights coz that means there has got 2 b a gud vibe and feeling secure also adds 2 ppls enjoyment on my view (if i went 2 the monkey i wud b wary of it gettin burnt down or sumthing and u cant hava gud time if ur looking over ur shoulder all the time!) No disrespect to the monkey coz thats wot really got me interested in the scene (well the monkey AND afterdark) but i definitely prefer the hangar. hope its still going wen i turn 18!

Hardcore Till I Die...

Chris B
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3,964 posts
Chris B has attended 30 events
Posted - 2004/01/23 :  00:46:42  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Chris B's homepage  Reply with quote
Hangars ***** class went with good few of us from glasgow every1 there was spot on not 1 a us had any hassle 1 a the best nights a my life. Never been 2 monkey n dont think i would looks like a youth club fulla dicks in the photos. About 3,000 merapeaks bouncin to 5 different records all night. Used to love the tunes they played wen i first downloaded it cos although there old i hadn't heard a lotta old spanish n italian but the more i downloaded the more the same tunes came up n it's gettin borin. Ace n Tazo on form r tremendous but all the other MC's piss me off. 1 a those 1's i'd end up there cos it's on all night and after a big rave could b persuaded to go but 1 apart from that i've bigger n better shit to do.

New PostPost Reply
Topic is 3 pages long: 1  2  3
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 1.47 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page