Email Us!
Username: Password:

Lost password
 Remember my login 

All forums
 Tracks, DJ mixes & release announcements

UPDATE: FREE Michael Curry - Rave Together Album

Printer friendly

All users can post new topics in this forum. All users can reply to topics in this forum

Author Thread  
RaveTogether
Starting Member

United States
8 posts
Posted - 2024/08/07 :  01:42:40  Show profile Send a private message
UPDATE: I Set Bandcamp to free download. No email required. It gives me 200 free downloads so we will see how that goes.

I just released my happy hardcore album I've been working on the past year. I've been getting feedback from my friends that are not necessarily HHC fans but I would love to hear what you guys think. Here is a link to my youtube playlist. The album will also start appearing in all the streaming services ETC in the next few days. Thank you.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLLY1zkQtd6cFjTiAqE73De1p2VeZZyVnf

https://michaelcurry.bandcamp.com/album/rave-together

Alert moderator

Edited by - RaveTogether on 2024/08/08 00:35:36
DJ_FunDaBounce
Advanced Member

Colombia
1,994 posts
Posted - 2024/08/07 :  03:04:05  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit DJ_FunDaBounce's homepage
Hey there! There is certainly an aesthetic you went for that comes across clearly. Some nice old skool cheddar vibes! I do hear some issues with the bass freq's and the mixdowns, in general, though. The basslines are a little muddy or hardly there and the kicks are not as punchy as could be. Still, a good hardcore statement for a first album.

Congratz! and make more! :)

http://www.brightspeedrecordings.com/

Alert moderator Go to top of page
Edited by - DJ_FunDaBounce on 2024/08/07 03:10:18
RaveTogether
Starting Member

United States
8 posts
Posted - 2024/08/07 :  03:17:24  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit RaveTogether's homepage
Thanks DJ_FunDaBounce! I'll make a note of your advice for mastering, thats my weak spot, and I'll definitely upgrade to monitor headphones, I was using standard earbuds haha.

Samination
Advanced Member

Sweden
13,148 posts

195 hardcore releases
Samination has attended 17 events
Posted - 2024/08/07 :  18:01:52  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Samination's homepage
Take Me Up has a very bad reverbing/echoing effect in the intro

http://samination.se/
---------------------------------------------

RaveTogether
Starting Member

United States
8 posts
Posted - 2024/08/07 :  19:09:32  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit RaveTogether's homepage
OK I looked into it, it looks like you heard doublicated sound on that track in BandCamp according to the discord comment. I played it again and it sounds fine on my end so I think they sent you a bad stream but it would be nice if anyone else can confirm.

I Hope that was the reason! That seems really bad if Bandcamp would mess up something basic like that.

You also mentioned "being all over the place" on other tracks. Did you mean that same echo effect or my composition needing to be tighter?

Anyway thanks for taking the time to listen to it.

Edited by - RaveTogether on 2024/08/07 19:32:09
Samination
Advanced Member

Sweden
13,148 posts

195 hardcore releases
Samination has attended 17 events
Posted - 2024/08/08 :  03:29:38  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Samination's homepage
No, the all over the place was for the volume, but fundabounce also touched on that with his comment.

I tried playing Take Me Up on a different webbrowser, and it still sound the same. Perhaps the hi-hats make it sound like a very bad transition when mixing. it lasts to 0:22, when another sound starts to play.

http://samination.se/
---------------------------------------------

RaveTogether
Starting Member

United States
8 posts
Posted - 2024/08/08 :  04:00:19  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit RaveTogether's homepage
Thank you so much for those details!!!!! Now I know exactly what to fix for new releases. I'm betting there is a good tool where I'll be able to normalize a set of songs without making it sound too processed. One thing that threw me off was normilization can often sound too obvious on a single song. I leveled them all by hand haha. I'll check my DAW project to see the filters and patches I had on Take Me Up in those first 22sec, and I'll have a new set of monitors soon to catch this stuff better.

Edited by - RaveTogether on 2024/08/08 04:07:47
DJ_FunDaBounce
Advanced Member

Colombia
1,994 posts
Posted - 2024/08/08 :  15:26:42  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit DJ_FunDaBounce's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by Samination:
Take Me Up has a very bad reverbing/echoing effect in the intro

I hear it, too. It's like a very short delay on the percussion/hi hats.

I thought of it as an artistic choice, though.

http://www.brightspeedrecordings.com/

RaveTogether
Starting Member

United States
8 posts
Posted - 2024/08/09 :  02:19:21  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit RaveTogether's homepage
I opened up the project file and looked into it. The first 22 seconds is different, long story short it was artistic choice, but I probably did nontraditional HiHat placement, My rule was to go by what sounded good to me and invokes my old HHC collection, so people can get those same feelings I got, which is from lots of badly ripped Vinyl Haha.....

Its a 909 kit...

HiHats were 2 quick 1/32 hits at 1.1.3, I'm guessing thats very nontraditional for 4/4

Closed HiHats were 2 quick 1/32 hits at 1.1.1

Handclap folllowing traditional 4/4

Fortunately after :22 I had a traditional pattern for everything.

I wanted each intro and outro to be interesting for normies but also ready to go incase any DJ's want a full version to mix into a set. Most people listen to 2.5min to 3min spotify songs these days and all my friends were telling me to do that, but I told them I love all these old Vinyl rips that were 5 + minutes long, and I'm gonna do that!

Edited by - RaveTogether on 2024/08/09 02:41:23

New PostPost Reply
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 1.27 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page