Email Us!
Username: Password:

Lost password
 Remember my login 

All forums
 Tracks, DJ mixes & release announcements

Sweet Lily Love - Strange to Me

Printer friendly

All users can post new topics in this forum. All users can reply to topics in this forum

Author Thread  
sweetlilylove
Starting Member

United States
14 posts
Posted - 2023/09/17 :  11:55:28  Show profile Send a private message  Visit sweetlilylove's homepage
Don't mean to spam the forum, I've just been a busy little beaver making tracks. I'm not sure if this falls more in the category of hardcore or trance - let me know what you think, I don't want the genre police coming after me.

Alert moderator
DJ_FunDaBounce
Advanced Member

Colombia
1,996 posts
Posted - 2023/09/17 :  16:08:58  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit DJ_FunDaBounce's homepage
I like the vox. Is it an original? It reminds me of vinylgroover.

http://www.brightspeedrecordings.com/

Alert moderator Go to top of page
sweetlilylove
Starting Member

United States
14 posts
Posted - 2023/09/17 :  20:01:16  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit sweetlilylove's homepage
Thanks! Yes, original. I love when I can create my own composition and lyrics, definitely a little extra rewarding.

Warnman
Advanced Member

Germany
2,677 posts
Warnman has attended 2 events
Posted - 2023/09/23 :  22:51:57  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Warnman's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by sweetlilylove:
Don't mean to spam the forum, I've just been a busy little beaver making tracks. I'm not sure if this falls more in the category of hardcore or trance - let me know what you think, I don't want the genre police coming after me.

Welcome to this forum!
It seems to be close to death now, but it had its ups in the past as well, so there is absolutely no guarantee how things are going to develope. Of course there are still some peoples active over here, but certainley not as much as they have been in the past. So please don't think that no reply within a few days means that everything is crap!
I listened to both of your posted tracks (Strange To Me + Werner Herzog) and I am trying to think about, which way you are trying to head to.
For example "Werner Herzog": the intro sounds like proper old-school UK Hardcore with breakbeats. The intro is very catchy (until 0:32 minutes) Afterwards you switch to "4 to the floor" until the first break, which I wouldn't have done. At 1:19 minutes "4 to the floor" seems to sound adequate, but afterwards this track gets boring. I think it has potential, but to be honest, there is still much input necessary. At least for the outro I'd recommand to combine "4 to the floor" and the breakbeat, which you had used at the beginning of this track.
This track's intro ("Strange To Me") sounds more like a mixture of 2000dish UK Hardcore and German/Dutch Rave track. Especially the vocals remind me of tracks sung by Dutch vocalists like Lilian van Sonsbeek (4 Tune Fairytales) or Zoe Van West. But this tracks seems to fade out the longer it gets - just like the other one. You really need to focus on here.
I can't believe that as your profile you were born in 1975, but now you have found your addiction to this kind of music. I am confused!

"Happy Hardcore: Love it... hate it... it's fun!" (Matt Stokes)

sweetlilylove
Starting Member

United States
14 posts
Posted - 2023/09/24 :  00:05:16  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit sweetlilylove's homepage
Thanks for the feedback! I'm still a beginner and developing my skills. And yes, some of us are late bloomers lol.

New PostPost Reply
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 1.03 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page