Email Us!
Username: Password:

Lost password
 Remember my login 

All forums
 Events: Australia / New Zealand

Hardwars Laserwars (1 attended)

Printer friendly

Only administrators or moderators can post new topics in this forum. All users can reply to topics in this forum

Author Thread  
novaboy
Advanced Member

Australia
1,319 posts
Posted - 2008/01/06 :  09:53:19  Show profile Send a private message  Visit novaboy's homepage
[1 HappyHardcore.com members attended this event.]
Event name: Hardwars Laserwars
Starts: March 15th, 2008
State/Territory: New South Wales

EVENT INFO:

Prepare yourself and your friends for what will be the biggest, baddest, loudest and most insane HARD WARS ever.

We did it Outdoors in 2005, we did it Indoors in 2006, we took a break in 2007 (to let the Scattered boys do their stuff . . . .SCOOOOOTER!!!) and now in 2008, we’re back! The Hard Wars goliath wakes from its slumber with more fury, more intense power than ever before.

An almost 18 month wait has given the HARD WARS team extra time to create what will be the biggest HARD WARS party ever. The name says it all – LASER WARS. The most powerful laser systems available, completely tearing the fark out of the Whitlam Leisure Centre. You like lasers? We got lasers. STACKS OF THEM. Liquid cooled, argon fuelled madness. To add to the sheer insanity of the Laser Wars installation, we will be selling LASER SPECS in the Merch stall. Wear these specs throughout the night, and you will witness what can only be described as a mind melting laser explosion.

So we hear you like it loud . . we got you covered. Jeremy’s TURBO rig will be in full force, the same phenomenal set up we had at the SCOOTER gig in November. Wall shaking, ceiling rattling turbo sound .. .ALL YOUR BASS BELONG TO US!!!

Lighting from BLM, what we’re talking about here is intelligent, interactive, crowd scorching action. The BLM boys know how to brighten up a room, and we’ve given them the biggest room ever to play with. The biggest Basketball Stadium in NSW. Expect a lighting storm like no other, installed and operated by the guys that have been doing this shit for almost 20 years.

VENUE –
The Whitlam Leisure Centre – Your Leisure is our Pleasure
What needs to be said about this amazing entertainment venue? Do we need to lay out all the facts to convince you how insane this place is? We probably don’t need to, but hell we may as well. We got the goods. Right so we’re talking the biggest Basketball Stadium in NSW, but we’re not playing Basketball!!! We’re here to party, to dance like maniacs, to chat and chill, and The Whitlam Leisure Centre is the perfect venue for that. We’ve got a comfortable capacity on the main dance floor for over 4,000 people. We’ve got giant grandstand seating (that punters can actually sit in), we’ve got two other awesome music arenas, one open age and one over 18. We’ve got a ceiling height that allows for the most dramatic lasers, lighting and of course pyrotechnics (remember SCOOTER?). We’ve got 2 over 18 bar areas, we’ve got outdoor chill areas on both sides of the centre. To be honest, we reckon we’ve got the ultimate venue. Hell, we’ve even got super cheap parking, and it’s security patrolled for your safety.

INTERNATIONAL LINEUP:

Scott Brown (UK)
THE WORLD'S NUMBER 1 HARDCORE DJ : EVOLUTION RECORDS
Voted the world's Number One Hardcore DJ, Hard Wars is proud to welcome back Scott Brown for another earbashing. The owner of Evolution Records and Evolution Plus, Scott is responsible for anthems that have touched generations of ravers - from the old skool days of Now Is The Time and The Rezerection Anthem (Do what ya like) to Nu Skool anthems like Elysium Plus, Definition of a Bad Boy, Gang Bang Society, Neckbreaker and Boomstick. He tours the world constantly playing everywhere there's a hardcore scene, such as Switzerland, Canada, America, Australia, Hong Kong and Japan. His diversity as a DJ and a producer allows him to be one of the very few UK DJ's capable of playing at a UK mega-event like Slammin' Vinyl or HTID one night, and then jumping on a plane to play at a massive gabber party in The Netherlands the next night. Despite his world #1 ranking he's one of the most down to earth people in the international scene, and is easily the most recognised name in the Hardcore movement. Without question, Scott Brown is one of the hardcore elite, and a Godfather of the Hardcore scene. Do not miss Scott as he absolutely tears it up at HARD WARS!

Neophyte (NL)
THE MOST RECOGNISED GABBER DJ IN THE WORLD
NEOPHYTE RECORDS : THE NETHERLANDS
The man. The legend. One of the most famous and prolific performers and producers in the global hardcore scene, DJ Neophyte is the brain behind the enormous collection of tunes the likes of Neophyte and Bodylotion have released. Right from the early days of tunes like Back in my Brain and A Rotterdam Gabber, Neophyte's music has constantly set the standard for other hardcore producers to follow. A look at his release history shows some of the biggest hardcore tunes of all time: Hardcore To Da Bone, Braincracking, Army of Hardcore, D.R.U.G.S, Number One Fan, The Tunnel, Bastard/*******, Execute, Happy is voor Hobos and many, many more. Yet, given the fact that he's been releasing since 1992, Neophyte can still be considered one of the most innovative people in the hardcore scene. His DJ performances are of legendary status, bringing together the newest sounds fresh out of Holland. After his set at Hard Wars you will believe you have just had a glimpse of the future of hardcore, and you'll be left desperate for more...

Brisk (UK)
NEXT GENERATION RECORDS : BLATANT BEATS
DJ Brisk is one of the most in demand dj/producers in the UK, headlining such massive events as Helter Skelter, United Dance, Hysteria, Rezerection and more. He runs some of the most talked about record labels in the world, Next Generation Records and Blatant Beats, and tours continually year round. His remixing skills include work for labels such as Universal, Fused UP, Remix Records, Just Another Label and more, and his own Next Gen and Blatant Beats records are among the top selling hard edge labels in the UK and abroad. HARD WARS welcomes one of the Uk’s most popular Happy Hard masters.

Evil Activities (NL)
NEOPHYTE RECORDS : THE NETHERLANDS
One of Holland’s favourite acts, Evil Activities have been leading the Hardcore game since 1998. They have produced some of the most anthemic yet twisted, mind bashing hardcore on the planet. Their style is tough, rough and brutal hardcore, with big synths, massive tunes like Bang Bang, Harder and Hardcore, Darkness at Noon, Never Fall Asleep and Invasion have sent crowds worldwide into a hardcore frenzy, and you can expect no less in Australia. A regular at all of Holland’s biggest events and a MASSIVE crowd favourite here in Australia with legions and legions of loyal, die-hard fans, Evil Activities are back to deliver Hard Wars a lesson in the art of Hardcore... Are you ready?

Panic, DJ (NL)
One of the true hard masters and an institution in the Dutch hardcore scene, Panic has been at the centre of his country's beating hardcore heart with roles in seminal groups such as the Forze DJ Team, Night Stalkers and Hard Creation. In addition to having worked at the home of Dutch hardcore, Midtown Records, he's collaborated with such heavyweights as DJ Paul Elstak, Neophyte, Tha Playah and Evil Activities and many more. His tracks have featured on all the big collaborations; from the legendary Dutch series like Thunderdome to the most recent Bonkers CD, and who can forget his own legacy - the massive 15 years of Panic CD and DVD that was released to celebrate his career to date. One act whose name says it all, prepare to hear Panic send the crowd into absolute mayhem at Hard Wars!

LOCAL ACTION
SUPPLIED BY
Fenix
Suae
Impact
Weaver
Yoshi
Amber Savage
Matrix
Midian
Speedracer
Pulsar
Nexus Project (Refresh & Ctrix)
Haze
Napoleon and Guests

TICKETS
So you wanna come and party with us, cool! Now we just gotta sort you with a ticket. And you’ll be happy to know, like previous Hard Wars, we’re bending over backwards to give you the best possible ticket price. For what we’re offering, we could probably charge $60, $70 or $80 and it’d be fair. But we’re not doing that. We wanna sell this bad boy out, we want the max capacity we can get, and to do that, we’re offering a ticket price NO ONE ELSE can match. Believe that!!!

If you want a super cheap ticket, we’ll suggest you go for our Early Bird option. At $35 + bf per ticket, you’re saving $20 on the standard ticket price of $55 + bf. Not only is that a farkin brilliant deal, but we’re not limiting the early birds, we’re not saying “get one before it sells out”. What we are doing, and we always do it is offer the early birds right up to 4 weeks before the event. That gives you heaps of time to get a ticket. But, it could sell out, Hell yeah it could sell out. We think it will sell out. So don’t wait to get your ticket. We’ve got a capacity and we’re going to sell that many tickets. It’s a simple fact this event will sell out.

Over 18 Bar areas – Alcohol available
What would a mega party be without some “drinks with friends” If you’re over 18, come on over to the Alcohol area, fully sectioned off and offering a perfect view of the madness of the main arena. We’ll be selling standard drinks and some special HARD WARS concoctions. Photo ID required.

OFFICIAL HARD WARS TSHIRT and MERCHANDISE
We have just released the new Hard Wars t-shirt, featuring the new "appropriate" slogan for Hard Wars . . . .GO HARD. Only 100 shirts are being printed and you will be able to buy one in the following size at HARD WARS on the Merchandising Stall Available sizes
Girls sizes 8, 10 and 12 / Guys sizes Small, Medium, Large and Extra Large

Alert moderator
simdog

Sweden
457 posts
simdog has attended 31 events
Posted - 2008/01/06 :  09:59:56  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit simdog's homepage
haha i just added this about 5 mins ago but someone else beat me to it.

this is my birthday rave :D i'm 18 a few days before it and i sorted myself a backstage pass so i'm gonna have a great night

Alert moderator Go to top of page
novaboy
Advanced Member

Australia
1,319 posts
Posted - 2008/01/06 :  12:36:18  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit novaboy's homepage
definetly should be a real REAL good event.
im going to try to get there even if i lose a leg in the process.
fenix has organized this amazingly well.

Lilley
Advanced Member

Australia
3,740 posts
Lilley has attended 7 events
Posted - 2008/01/13 :  05:38:35  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Lilley's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by novaboy:
definetly should be a real REAL good event.
im going to try to get there even if i lose a leg in the process.
fenix has organized this amazingly well.

not from what iv heard of the past hard wars

wont be goin to this.
gabber yay plur plur yay gabber yay

Edited by - Lilley on 2008/01/13 05:40:07
novaboy
Advanced Member

Australia
1,319 posts
Posted - 2008/01/13 :  05:50:05  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit novaboy's homepage
i was talking to fenix and its very convincing.
very well organized.
i think i have a way of getting down.

BTW, email Mikel Fenix on
info@overdrive.com.au
<< if you want to become a part of the street team, or offerings, ideas, whatever!

We all need help with street teams, promoting (Especially in the liverpool or cambelltown area of sydney). If you could help out im sure Fenix would be very greatful :P. There are tons of fliers waiting to be handed out, if you think you could hand them out, goto parties, promote etc etc, give fenix or me a yell. me (james-novaboy@hotmail.com).

Also check out www.hardwars.com for extra info. Fenix is also running "Episodes" like an online type of video blog, explaining the current position etc etc and what is going to be happening in the coming weeks. Also keep an eye open on www.hardwars.tv

im now in control of the hardwars myspace, spread the good word.
www.myspace.com/hardwars

Cheers.
James

Edited by - novaboy on 2008/01/13 09:48:42
simdog

Sweden
457 posts
Posted - 2008/01/13 :  09:38:34  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit simdog's homepage
i cannot wait for this. it's gonna go offf :)

novaboy
Advanced Member

Australia
1,319 posts
Posted - 2008/01/15 :  05:03:22  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit novaboy's homepage
Just a reminder.
Me & Fenix are trying to get the street team underway, we need more people!!!
Probably looking for guys on the northside or near liverpool.
If you would be interested in help promote hardwars laserwars ie. hand out fliers, goto parties, hand them out there, promote it there, spread the word - through myspace etc etc it would be great!! and maybe Fenix migh be generous enough to send you something :P

If you are interested email Mikel (Info@overdrive.com.au) OR Me (James-Novaboy@hotmail.com) direct, explaining what you would like to do, what you are keen on doing etc etc. We can get something sorted straight away. Would be great if some more people would help out!!!

BTW, check out these hardwars web sites.
www.hardwars.com <---Official Hardwars site
www.youtube.com/hardwars08 <---Fenix's video blogs discussing hardwars and progress
www.myspace.com/hardwars <---Official Hardwars Myspace page.

Cheers! Everyone have a good day!

James

simdog

Sweden
457 posts
Posted - 2008/02/03 :  13:09:36  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit simdog's homepage
not long till early birds are over

simdog

Sweden
457 posts
Posted - 2008/03/16 :  06:22:11  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit simdog's homepage
****, what an awesome night :D

dreamowner

Australia
76 posts
Posted - 2008/03/16 :  12:12:35  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit dreamowner's homepage
So how was this?

simdog

Sweden
457 posts
Posted - 2008/03/16 :  20:57:59  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit simdog's homepage
one of the best i have been to, amazing lasers awesome music and cheap drinks. i could go dance my arse off for an hour then go pay $3 for a beer and chill with brisk/neophyte/panic/evil activities/weaver/impact/midian and fenix. i had a f*cking awesome night

New EventPost Reply
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 1.41 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page