Total online 1941
 Radio listeners 187+
Email Us!
Username: Password:

Lost password
 Remember my login 

All forums
 Events: Rest of the world

Mars 2: Syracuse Electronic Music Festival (1 attended)

Printer friendly

Only administrators or moderators can post new topics in this forum. All users can reply to topics in this forum

Author Thread  
milo
Advanced Member

Canada
3,391 posts

347 hardcore releases
milo is verified hardcore artist milo has attended 89 events
Posted - 2002/04/01 :  10:07:53  Show profile View artist profile Send a private message  Visit milo's homepage
[1 HappyHardcore.com members attended this event.]
THE MAIN ARENA: MISSION CONTROL (ROOM 1 of 4)
For the first time in the history of the venue, we will be using the main skating rink of over 20,000 square feet to house an incredible array of talent.

JAM MASTER JAY ­ (RUN DMC, Arista Records ­ New York, NY)
First Ever Syracuse Appearance
Performance time 10:00PM-12:30AM
One of the most recognizable DJs in the world is about to raise hell once again. Hip Hop's first and greatest superstar, Jay was the DJ behind the great RUN DMC, the originators of the old school hip hop sound. One of the worlds most sought after deejays, Jam Master Jay has appeared on MTV, VH1, VIBE, David Letterman, and in NBA and NFL commercials. Join is as Jam Master Jay continues to make hip-hop history.

BAD BOY BILL (Mix Connection ­ Chicago, IL)
First Appearance in Syracuse in 4 years
www.badboybill.com
Banging the Box vol 5 is now available
Performance time 1:30AM-3:00AM
The man from Chicago whose name is known worldwide as America's Most in Demand DJ. Bangin the Box like none other, he is sure to rock out any event. Six years ago to this date at Mars, Bill stunned the NYS Fairgrounds audience of over 3000 people with his blinding skills on the tables. This event could not be complete without him.

FRANKIE BONES ­ (Sonic Groove Records ­ New York, NY)
www.sonicgroove.com
Performance time 3:00AM ­ 4:00AM
Frankie needs no introduction. The originator of the American underground sound, his name is one is a staple in techno culture. After starting the original groove records in Brooklyn, he began his never ending tour of the united states which is still ongoing as you read this. Check out Frankie's own mix CD on moonshine Records "You Know My Name"

PAUL EDGE (The Outer Limits ­ London, UK)
First Syracuse Appearance
www.djpauledge.com
Performance time 4:00AM-5:00AM
Back by popular demand after his blinding set at the Galaxy Project at Twilo Paul Edge aka Twister & Mr Bishi head of the Tol23.com collective. An innovative Dj & producer, His acute mixing ability and track selection has made him one of Europe's most sought after underground DJ's and this will be his first New York appearance in nearly four years.

STEVE SMOOTH (Mix Connection ­ Chicago, IL)
First Syracuse Appearance
www.stevesmooth.com
Performance time 12:30AM-1:30AM
Steve has held a resident DJ spot at some of Chicago's hottest nightclubs. A mega-producer in his own right, Steve ventured into the studio, producing and remixing tracks for some of the hottest dance labels around including, I.H.R. and Kid Dynamite Records. Steve's remix of the vocal anthem, "Time" by legendary house diva, Dajae brought the young producer much deserved attention from Billboard Magazine.

FLEX (Skye High Records ­ Rochester, NY)
i.am/djflex.com
Performance time 5:00AM-6:00AM
Upstate New York's most in demand deejay. As the head record buyer for Skye High's stock, flex controls the future sound of the upstate scene. With weekly bookings across North America, Flex is sure to provide an the local vibe to the event for the evening.

CRAZY ASE (Z89, WJPZ Radio ­Syracuse, NY)
www.djcrazyase.com
Performance time 9:00AM-10:00PM
Straight from Seattle, WA , Crazy ASE has already created a name for himself here in Syracuse Djing for The Friday Night Party on Z89. He is also the mix show coordinator for the station. This will be his first appearance at an event of this size, and we look forward to checking his skills.

ROOM 2 THE WET ROOM FEATURING UPSTATES HOTTEST DIVAS (ROOM 2 of 4)

Never before have such an array of incredible talent appeared in a central New York Event. With local talent from every major Upstate NY city and one of the world's hottest diva's this is sure to be a fierce night. Be prepared for an eclectic array of music from scenes throughout the state. Come party with upstate's hottest go-go dancers and be prepared to stay til 6AM because this room is sure to be out of control.

Hosted by Syracuse's Lady Cocoa Chanel & Josh Conklin
With special spot performances by
Darienne Lake (Rochester, NY)
Asya Black (Marcella ­ Buffalo, NY)
Armani (Marcella ­ Buffalo, NY)

SUPERSTAR DJ KEOKI (Moonshine Records, CA)
www.moonshine.com
Performance time 1:00AM-4:00AM
Either as electronica's ultimate mixmaster or whispering conscience, when Keoki's around, there's bound to be a party. It is little know that his track "Catipillar" won him a position on Billboard Dance chart at number three, a small stint on Lollapalooza and a featured on "The Simpsons." The man behind Limelight's Disco 2000 Keoki returns to Syracuse after his blinding performance at Saturn.

DIVA & VOCALIST PEPPER MASHAY (Los Angles, CA)
Performance time at 12:30AM
Pepper MaShay's got a name that sounds like an arts and crafts project, but she's the farthest thing from pasted together. Last summer she drenched many a dance floor with the catchy refrain "let's get soaking wet!" Barry Harris' 'Dive in the Pool' rose to the top of the Billboard club charts and Pepper took her place in a long dynasty of dance divas with songs appearing on Showtime's Queer as Folk and "I got my Pride" appearing on HBO's Sex in the City.

SPACE (Revolving Records ­ Albany, NY)
www.revolving.org
Performance time 4:00AM-CLOSE
The one and only. One of the godfather's of the upstate New York scene Space's sets of Funky Tribal house are admired by many. We couldn't imagine another person who could best close out our favorite room.

ASIAN ROB (Elite Tribe - Syracuse, NY)
www.trexx-syr.com
Performance time 9:00PM-12:00AM
A six year DJ veteran his Friday Night at Trexx in Syracuse draws hundreds to on of the area's only night clubs that plays electronica. Rob will provide the usual hometown flavor that people come to expect from our events.

ROOM 3 PHOBOS MOON FEATURING THE LA SELVA CREW PERFORMING HAPPY HARDCORE AND DRUM AND BASS (ROOM 3 of 4)

Never before has La Selva opened its minds to the sounds of happy hardcore, but with a line-up like this, they could not resist. So all you happy hardcore fans grab your whistles and put on those white gloves, as this is sure to be the room to kick it the earliest, as this room hosts the most underground sound at this event.

DANNY THE WILDCHILD (Canvas Records - Chicago, IL)
www.dannythewildchild.com
2:00AM-3:00AM
If there ever was someone who was destined to dj it's Danny the Wildchild. The Chicago legend began his career at the age of ten -- that's right, ten -- spinning hip hop under the tutelage of his older brother. It wasn't long before he surpassed his brother in ability and he won his first dj contest

BREEZE (Infinity Recordings ­ London, United Kingdom)
www.Infinityrecordings.co.uk
1:00AM-2:00AM
One of the world's most popular DJ/producers of happy hardcore. "The World of Breeze", his recent CD, has sold thousands in all the major music stores. Be prepared to kick it to some of his classic tracks like Let's Fly and Jump a Little Higher. Come welcome this legend for his first Syracuse appearance.

CAPITAL J featuring MC TRIGGS (Next Junction - Toronto, Canada)
www.1groove.com
Set Time 2:00AM-3:00AM
Capital J is one the most recognized DJs in the massive Toronto jungle scene. He has headlined parties all over North America. His show "Just Jungle" on www.1groove.com (Wednesday nights 12-4am Eastern) recently became the most popular all drum and bass show in North America. He is known for his energetic performances, wicked scratching and dancefloor smashing dubplates.

VIPER (GlobalGroovenetworks.com - Toronto, Canada)
www.djviper.com
Set Time 12:00AM-1:00AM
Viper has fuelled the electronic dance scene by providing a broad mixture of sounds. North America's pioneer to Happy Hardcore and Trancecore. Ken Finch now performs at raves and clubs across Canada and the United States, while organizing his own club nights and events with crowds of over 4000 in attendance..

GUY SMILEE featuring MC JUMPER (GAG/Ruff Neck Playaz - Rochester, NY)
www.ruffneckplayazcrew.com
www.gagproductions.com
Set Time 11:00PM-12:00AM
With his uncanny ability to scratch with various body parts, Guy leaves the crowd begging for more where ever he goes. Come see for yourself but don't forget to bring the calamine lotion cuz he'll be scratching his arse off!!!

JOEL T (Sound Gizmo Audio - The Earth program, Ltd. ­ New York, NY)
www.earthprogram.com
Performance time 4:00AM-5:00AM
One of the first and finest event producers, designers, and pioneers in the east coast scene, Joel t. has been actively djing drum n bass for over 5 years spinning gigs and rocking parties from Iceland to New Mexico while holding down residencies in New York City for years. He'll be rocking the most current white labels, dubs and upcoming tracks plus throwing in some classics for the real heads in the morning.

ENKAY (Team 3f ­ Utica, NY)
www.phato.com/enkay.htm
Performance times 10:00PM-11:00PM
Co-founder of the Syracuse scene and the infamous Phato planetary events, Nick has been rocking the floors since 1993. His return to the central New York area with his diverse range of style is sure to provide a delightful addition to the room.

CODE ­D & EWUN (La Selva / NLT ­ Rochester, NY)
Featuring MC HARVEY WALLBANGER & MC UNDASYDID
Performance time 5:00AM-6:00AM
Rochester's hottest junlistic - scratchaholik Drum and Bass duo, return to Syracuse once again to close out the night - respect. Having the largest following of any upstate drum and bass team, these guys never disappoint.

ROOM 4 DEIMOS MOON hosted by Skye Highe Records (ROOM 4 of 4)

Annalyze
Awake
Chad Roy
D-low
Ginnis
Giononni
James Revival
Percussion
Qwest
Rob Morely
Truss

more info @ nuistic.com or phato.com

oh, and i spin from 9-10 in room 3 =) isn't on the page though =(

"It's all good..."

Alert moderator
Brian K
Advanced Member

United States
8,663 posts

528 hardcore releases
Brian K has attended 5 events
Posted - 2002/04/01 :  10:21:20  Show profile  Send a private message
bahahahaha
sorry but any party with both keoki & bad boy bill in the line up can't be good =P
wouldn't mind seeing wildchild though =9

"As punishment for your desertion, it's company policy to give you the plague."

Alert moderator Go to top of page
milo
Advanced Member

Canada
3,391 posts

347 hardcore releases
Posted - 2002/04/01 :  13:31:37  Show profile View artist profile  Send a private message  Visit milo's homepage
y do u say that?

but but but.. i'm playing too [:-D] makes it all worth it right? =P

"It's all good..."

silver
Admin

Japan
12,560 posts

894 hardcore releases
silver is verified hardcore artist silver is a site donation subscriber silver has attended 108 events
Posted - 2002/04/01 :  16:46:20  Show profile View artist profile  Send a private message  Visit silver's homepage
But Breeze is in the line up :)

Can you tell me where this is being held?

----------------------------------
you, me and hardcore forever.

Brian K
Advanced Member

United States
8,663 posts

528 hardcore releases
Brian K has attended 5 events
Posted - 2002/04/01 :  19:09:28  Show profile  Send a private message
because usually this will mean thugish type people will show up to the party, who usually aren't there to enjoy the music =P

"As punishment for your desertion, it's company policy to give you the plague."

milo
Advanced Member

Canada
3,391 posts

347 hardcore releases
Posted - 2002/04/01 :  19:14:27  Show profile View artist profile  Send a private message  Visit milo's homepage
i hope i can introduce breeze =) i'll be onstage then i know so =)

it's being held in syracuse, new york @ the mattydale sports skate center, 5k person venue

"It's all good..."

silver
Admin

Japan
12,560 posts

894 hardcore releases
silver is verified hardcore artist silver is a site donation subscriber silver has attended 108 events
Posted - 2002/04/01 :  20:40:38  Show profile View artist profile  Send a private message  Visit silver's homepage
Added to events, please post the date next time :)

milo
Advanced Member

Canada
3,391 posts

347 hardcore releases
Posted - 2002/04/02 :  12:03:21  Show profile View artist profile  Send a private message  Visit milo's homepage
Thought when i posted it in the events part that it puts it on the date, or is taht only for my own user?

"It's all good..."

silver
Admin

Japan
12,560 posts

894 hardcore releases
Posted - 2002/04/02 :  17:22:09  Show profile View artist profile  Send a private message  Visit silver's homepage
The events calender are personalized meaning only you can see it... Only me (admin) can add a global event so no one can see it except you ... You have to post the event in the forums for the linkup and so I know about it :)

milo
Advanced Member

Canada
3,391 posts

347 hardcore releases
Posted - 2002/04/02 :  19:05:18  Show profile View artist profile  Send a private message  Visit milo's homepage
makes sence ;) i'll keep that in mind, thanx silver

"It's all good..."

New EventPost Reply
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 1.66 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page